Western Sizzler X-53 Blue Light Special - More pics and Video

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And lastly I decided to paint the sissy bar Western Flyer X-53 spear with the Metalcast. I will go back and remove the paint from the face of the letters.

View attachment 103363 View attachment 103364
I was wondering how durable that paint is over chrome. And also how the blue light will hold up.

The color combination is going to look good when you get it all together!

I was wondering how durable that paint is over chrome. And also how the blue light will hold up.

The color combination is going to look good when you get it all together!

It's definitely not as durable as most paint, but it held up fine on Flexy. Here is a pic of Flexy after riding it for 3 years before I sold it to @Big Ape.

index.php

I seen some guys on youtube anodizing in a paint can with a battery charger.
I been meanin to look back into it and try it on some small parts.

I seen some guys on youtube anodizing in a paint can with a battery charger.
I been meanin to look back into it and try it on some small parts.

I think someone did that here on RRB some time in the past 2 or 4 years

Take care in the next 24 hrs or so Kingfish!

There should be an award for you guys on the SE coast and your dealing with a hurricane during a build off. We've got a quite a few in our midst I believe.

Dude, your bikes are always an inspiration to me. Your creativeness is off the charts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dorian ended up staying far enough offshore to not effect Savannah too much. I am back to painting a d cleaning some smaller parts along with some assembly this evening.

One cool thing that I discovered about these X-53 springers is that onky one spring is for shock absorbtion. The other spring handles the recoil from the shock.

20190905_153350.jpg
20190905_161709.jpg
20190905_170620.jpg
20190905_172830.jpg

20190905_183046.jpg

20190905_184912.jpg

Latest posts

Back