What are Kend road bikes?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not Kent, but Kend.
I saw this dark purple road bike that was abandoned with stripped threads in the bottom bracket shell. It was a cheaper 10 speed that had safety levers and brown drop bar grips with the little holes in them similar to these black ones.
faux-fixie2.jpg

It had a white cable housing with stamped steel, center pull brakes. It had downtube shifters with white shifter boots on the ends of the levers. The fork was dark purple as well with reflectors that bolted into the sides. I don't know what derailleurs it had. It had steel, square tapered cranks that were similar to these except with 2 chainrings.
fcbc7.jpg

I don't know if the seat was stock or not, but it had a light blue, vinyl seat.

It had a sticker instead of a headbadge that said

K
E
N
D

In big, vertical red lettering.

It was lugged, but the lugs were very basic.

I really want to know what bike this was.

I am guessing 1980s for sure.

The handlebars had the same shape as these ones.
3423883109_d8b38aae45_z.jpg

It was similar to this bike, but with cheaper components. The bike I saw was a men's bike.
80699575_614.jpg

I found the world's only picture of the bike. It has a silver foil sticker on the seat tube that says
K
E
N
D

It is the purple bike in the far right.
20191107_140422.jpg

Knock off of a Kent? Can you imagine how cheezy that would have to be?

Here is an actual Kent road bike.
b39b269c8cde4d2b871fe83b390f423f.jpg

Attachments

• d871eba9672ff283393080ae31789f3e.jpg
    d871eba9672ff283393080ae31789f3e.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 59
Is it Keno or Kend. Keno was a typical bike boom bike, supposedly made in japan, badged and sold through Wanamaker department store from 1969-1971. Here is an example.
Kent bikes probably weren't much different, just another American marketing group slapping their name on imported bikes.

Is it Keno or Kend. Keno was a typical bike boom bike, supposedly made in japan, badged and sold through Wanamaker department store from 1969-1971. Here is an example.
Kent bikes probably weren't much different, just another American marketing group slapping their name on imported bikes.
I figured out it was Keno about 10 hours ago when I noticed that the bike said KENO and not KEND. As far as Kenos go, this is a nice Keno?

Latest posts

Back