What bike is this??

Discussion in 'BIKE I.D. & VALUATION QUESTIONS' started by Alex Cain, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Alex Cain

Alex Cain

Hi everyone, i want to start this off by saying I am not a bike collector or a professional at all, and therefore I apologize for anything I get wrong or label wrong.

I got this bike at an estate sale for dirt cheap and I’m just curious to know what it is and/or what the value is. It has clearly been spray-painted (very poorly) and I cannot find a maker’s mark anywhere.

2. Alex Cain

Alex Cain

412AE53E-A96D-44AC-B18D-50C524E2A50B.jpeg 741BE229-298E-45A3-84FE-B91646308568.jpeg 67A6CC1D-DA3C-4FB8-8414-259E14238DE1.jpeg F1C782CA-CC79-42E7-8714-F69422F891E9.jpeg

rrtbike likes this.
  3. The Renaissance Man

The Renaissance Man __CERTIFIED DIVER__ (Open Water & Open Dumpster) Pro Member

It's a hodgepodge of parts but the frame looks to be a Monark. Probably worth more in parts than all together if you are planning to sell it.

But your not going to get rich off of it!

RustySprockets likes this.
  4. Wildcat

Wildcat

A late 50's Rollfast frame.

RustyGold and RustySprockets like this.
  5. deorman

deorman

Frame and fenders are HP Snyder. Rollfast is their in-house brand, could also been sold as a few different store brands (example, Hawthorne = Montgomery Wards) The rest is, as stated above, is mixed parts.

RustyGold and Wildcat like this.
  6. Wildcat

Wildcat

The rear rack is Murray I think.
    Since you don't like the paint, that bike would be a good candidate for a bare metal cruiser.

7. deorman

deorman

I think the "star" sprocket is an AMF part. In any case, they're pretty popular.

RustyGold likes this.
  8. Phil Fink

Phil Fink

Seat looks similar to Worksman bikes (Messinger?) but brown, and maybe without springs (hard to see), such as from an exercise bike?

Paint looks fairly neatly done,

9. Alex Cain

Alex Cain

Hi everyone - thanks for your input on this bike - what do you reckon the parts are worth if I broke it down and sold them individually?

I realize the paint looks nice in the pics but that’s after 1 hour of polishing - even after that it still has some defects in it (runs, patches that are worn thin). I checked on it today and the shine from the polish seems to have gone and it’s reverted back to its dull state.

The seat says mesinger on the back and does not have springs.

Would it be more valuable to part this bike out or sell it as a whole? What would someone be willing to pay for the whole bike? Would it be worth my time to part out?