What do you listen to when you build?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Typically, its the wife fussin, I prefer to build in the kitchen. :shock:

Vintagebikebuilder said:
Carbon said:

I take it you have a big kitchen? :eek:

Not really, just plenty of counter space to lay out greasy parts!! :shock: :lol:

Carbon said:
Vintagebikebuilder said:
Carbon said:

I take it you have a big kitchen? :eek:

Not really, just plenty of counter space to lay out greasy parts!! :shock: :lol:

You must have a very supporting wife! :lol:

RUSH LIMBAUGH !!!

Sorry, that joke wasn't even funny. I'm a sing along kind of guy so
the "Classic Hits" of the last 6 decades pretty well covers it. I'm also one of those guys that continues to hum over and over the last song I heard - sometimes I get so sick of hearing the same song I'll turn on a radio for a few minutes just to change tracks. Robert

It's all electronic for me. Mostly older rave stuff. Hard core, drum-n-bass ,hard dub step. I sometimes go for the punkier stuff like Crystal Castles. Lots of Dj mixes and podcasts. I'm 32 and I'm still listening to beats from the early 90's. That's my classic. Bassnectar & Die Antwoord are some newer favorites. I sometimes find myself bobbin my head more than building. Music is my ultimate escape and therapy followed by riding followed by building.

WHY HAS NO ONE SAID THE RAMONES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SnS77 said:

Yeah, the Ramones are regulars in my playlist. I listen to a lot of Social D (going to see them in a couple of weeks!).

I like the early stuff like Johnny Cash, Wanda Jackson (check out Shakin All Over), Gene Vincent, Billy Lee Riley, etc. Elvis is NEVER a bad choice. I saw Elvis in concert when I was 7yo. I was never the same!

Motown/Soul....The Temps, Wilson, Otis, Percy, Sly....

Nothing like some Bob Marley to get the creative juices flowing! 8) :lol: 8)

Classical guitar, (classical, not classic :lol: ) Wall of Voodoo, Sisters of Mercy, Tom Tom Club, Carl Orff, Tangerine Dream, Dire Straits, Amon Tobin. and a bunch of other stuff.

yoothgeye said:
SnS77 said:

Because we were waiting for you to say it.

And they blow...With all due respect. I have been listening to Punk for a very, very long time. I cringe when I hear anybody actually admit to LIKING the ramones. I get that they were one of the first US bands to use the sound. And how influential they must have been. But give me a break. If I wanted to listen to basically the same song over and over again, I would listen to techno. Sorry for the rant. Just my opinion of course. I don't mean to stir up anything and I respect your tastes.

Latest posts

Back