What Do You Listen to While Building Bikes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Around here my bikes,music and about anything that I find cool and the rest of the family doesn't want in the house is out in the garage. The only good thing is that I can play my stuff loud without gettin' hollered at. Been listening to a lot of Bobby Bare Jr. and Old school punk ( Replacements, Dickies, Social Distortion etc..) of late. Here is a shot of the my last refuge. Cheers.
DSC01593.jpg

the FM Classic Rock stations have always been the standby for me, I consider it good luck when Supertramp or Jethro Tull comes on though.

I don't usually listen to anything....but when I'm really on a roll with some hardcore fabricating the Indian Larry music from the biker build-offs ALWAYS plays in my head.....

Boardtrack fan said:
Redwings games, Tiger games and the local alt. rock station 89X. My CD player got so full of saw dust and over spray that it no longer works!
Lol thats just like me. I always listen to dodger games, laker games ,or any sports game that is on the radio. I also have my ipod handy when there are no games on.

Down, Corrosion Of Conformity, Trouble, Las Cruces, Floodgate, Mastodon, Gift Of Death :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Oh man, so much stuff. Right now, lots of newer hillbilly blues stuff by Scott H. Biram, Possessed By Paul James, Devil Makes 3, Bob Log III, Left Lane Cruiser...
And lots of old punk, psychobilly and country:
Supersuckers (glad to see other people on here dig them!), Ramones, Meteors, Johnny Thunders, Hank Williams Sr., Los Gatos Locos, Johnny Cash, Dead Boys, Demented Are Go, Willie Nelson, Merle Haggard...

I'll stop now. Those are all pretty much standbys for me, but there's tons more. Love me some music.

Rush, Allman Bros, Steely Dan, John Coltrane, Dave Brubeck, Miles Davis, Johnny Cash, Presidents of the United States, Beatles. I'm all over the map...

the radio in my 'chop shop' has a broken cd player so i dug up a bunch of cassettes, being an aging metal head i had stuff all the way from high school, i found a lizzy borden record and all kinds of stuff i forgot i had. ive been listening to my kind diamond and WASP (the greates metal bands of all time imo) alot, i forgot how much i like that stuff! ooh ooh and i found some ynwie malmsteen too! oohh to be a kid with big hair again!
fast eddie outty

I listen to Pandora.com, for those of you who are not familiar with it, it's the best internet radio ever!!! You can register for free and it will ask you for a band or song title to play. When you give it the one song it uses the music genome project data base to form a station around that selection. I love ska, for my first experiment with it I typed in "reel big fish" my favorite band ever. The playlist formed as Reel big fish, Less Than Jake, Rancid, The Slackers, Mighty Mighty Bosstones, The Specials, and The Aquabats. It was dead nuts on what I like. If a song comes on that you don't like you can give it a thumbs down and it will fine tune to your liking. Better yet, once you have a list of custom stations you can mix those together too!!!

Right now I'm listening to a PunkSkaRockbillyMozartOpera mix. It's incredible.

If I'm at the skatepark or the track I'm listening to MarkM's music...the harder and faster the better!

But in my garage when I'm building bikes or tinkering on my car it's Rush, Dream Theater, Yes, Coheed and Cambria, early Genesis, Kansas, Pink Floyd...

Latest posts

Back