~?What Else Do You Collect ?~

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a lot of Hotwheels Jim ! i just sold 2500 of those lil Cars to a local guy here ,most of them were
Treasure hunts,100% collectible boxes, limited editions,Buses ect.

Randy ;you have some cool stuff ther !

RafaeL

Well, I do collect hotwheels, but nothing like you guys got, only 170 or so. also build model cars, built like thirty or so of them.

Before I name things I collect let me just make this clear. I believe in the, "what is the point of having it if you're not going to show it off and use it" mentality. So every vintage/antique thing I buy I use! I see no value if you can't use it...well that's just my 2 cents on that
Alright let's see how bad I am,
Bikes (duh)
Tools new/old (I think the old ones are better quality anyway)
Small engines (Briggs&Stratton lawn nower types)
Vinyl records (really my dad's but I still listen to them!)
Ray Ban sunglasses
Vintage safety goggles
Vintage baseball gloves
Baseball hats (every major league stadium I go to I have to get that teams hat, tradition)
Baseball cards...from T206 cards to today's cards
License plates, I'm trying to spread that collection, I'm just a beginner for that
I'm sure I collect many other things....I just can't remember as of now

I'll post some pictures later on

Bikes
Guitars - vintage and not.
Detroit Red Wings bobble heads
Bottle openers
Vintage cameras
Vintage bows
Vintage racing jackets
Black tshirts - rock, old tv shows, bike clubs
Munsters TV show stuff
Anything racing related. Not so much a nascar fan, but F1, Moto GP, Indy, etc.

I have old Bottle openers (church keys) and some bows also.

and rusty yard art !

the garage 019.jpg

Last edited:
I collect old advertising signs and gas pumps, here is just one shot in the garage;
westernflyer004.jpg

The house is loaded with country store signs,
KitchenSigns023.jpg

KitchenSigns020.jpg

KitchenSigns015.jpg

KitchenSigns014.jpg

I am in the Heating business and collect these related signs also;

OilBurnersigns004.jpg

OilBurnersigns005.jpg

I am down to 15 gas pumps from a high of 65
have about 100 different local only Milk bottles
I am not one to say No to a deal so I am always bringing something home.

:lol: I was wonderin when you were gonna chime in . i'v seen a few of your pic,s of the garage before,you have some cool stuff ! unfortunately for me those signs are very hard to find on this side of the planet , i'm kinda jealous, Hoarder ! :lol: :lol:

Rafael

bicycles i have around 9 project bikes im building
i also collect avon bottles( yeah im a guy and i admit it lol and have a cool collection)
model car building as well
vintage toys
guitar stuff
pretty much anything bicycle music or car inspired/related i like it and will collect it

Tiki mugs
Pendelton board shirts
Vintage waterskis
Colorado River Rat stuff from the Parker AZ area
Any weird old stuff that looks cool to me...
Stuff that was funny decades ago but is offensive by today's standards...

A.S.BOLTNUT said:
Another thing i have to add Avon bottles, :oops:
hey i love em i have some cool ones
heres my collection still growing lol

my fav is the Susan b Anthony sits really cool and detailed wish Avon made stuff like this today id be grabbing them

LukeTheJoker said:
I am getting back into slot cars and model building now it is getting cold again down here...
Got a couple of 1/24 scale Carrera Hotrods, 24hour racers, 1/32 scale hotrod, nascars etc.
It is a way to have fun inside a warm house...

Luke.
man luke em and you are quite in common
i lvoe old slot cars remember the afx from the 70's or the cliffhangers?
man those were sweet but i recall them heating up badly
love the redline hot wheels as well i need to add those to my collection
also would love to get the Schwinn crate bicycle model kit which is hard to find

Hey Guys!
WOW - You guys are 3 pages into this topic of other things you collect...
... so I can't believe I'm going to be the first one to say TOY TRAINS!!!

I should mention there are a far smaller number of us train guys that collect Standard Gauge Trains as compared to all the much more popular scales like H.O., N and O Scales!!!

Lionel, American Flyer, Ives and some others made this scale of trains starting around 1903 up until the late 1930's!
Thanks to the effort of a Toy Train maker by the name of MTH / Mikes Train House...
... MANY of those old "Art Deco" style trains from the 1920's & 1930's are being faithfully re-issued today!!!

This first photo should give you an idea just how big they really are - but they're twice the size of O Scale Lionel or 4 times the size of H.O. if you're familiar with either of those!!!

I scratch built that big Pepsi plant on the back wall - it measures 36" x 18"!!!
That Black & Brass 392E is 32" Long!!!

The only 2 problems with Standard Gauge Trains are...
1: They Are Super Hard to get ahold of - Usually you have to "sign up" to pre-order them and wait a year to 18 months for them to be made...
2: They Are Expensive!!! That 7 car Green "Stephen Girard" train w/ the Black & Brass 392E Locomotive is about a 2200.00 train by itself!!

Needless to say it's hard for me to collect BOTH these trains AND restorable bikes + a few custom bikes I'm building!!!
Sometimes I try to tell myself I should decide and pick one or the other so I can make progress on one of the 2 hobbies quicker...
... but I just CAN'T bring myself to part with either one!!!
I guess that means my bike project entries here will be slow coming for updates for you guys!!!

Enjoy the photos...
... and Talk Soon!
Blessings!
Will & Wendy,

Latest posts

Back