~?What Else Do You Collect ?~

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice Pro Mod style drag truck. Really like your work. About 20 years ago I had a HODRA legal modular scale 1/4 mile with return road lanes and lots of power. I sold everything off and thought I was done. Then someone gave me a Autoworld drag strip. I promptly built a platform I can breakdown and can set it up as 1/8 or 1/4 mile. I'm back in to it now on a much more limited basis.
1/4 mile strip...sitting on top of a 1/4 mile 4 lane oval....Cars do the 20 feet under 1 second.

100_5265.JPG
72983969_552414708825467_1080076419725262848_o.jpg

Last edited:
I collect whatever interests me, really.

Got a display cabinet of some Atomic era stuff and merch from favourite TV shows, video games and whatnot. I also collect license plates, some electronics..usually 80s era stuff..

Fallout Shelter sign, I picked up at a war museum in the states somewhere...I regret not buying more than one of them lol, they're new never used.

P_20201114_140017.jpg

I collect whatever interests me, really.

Got a display cabinet of some Atomic era stuff and merch from favourite TV shows, video games and whatnot. I also collect license plates, some electronics..usually 80s era stuff..

Fallout Shelter sign, I picked up at a war museum in the states somewhere...I regret not buying more than one of them lol, they're new never used.

View attachment 147055
Where'd you get those Fallout cars?

Where'd you get those Fallout cars?

The Truck I got on the Bethesda.net Online store, they were a limited Edition thing. That Orange one is Red Rocket themed, 1 of 400. I also have the plain metallic cherry red version in box still. The Blue fusion Flea, I picked up at the local Gamestop a a year or so ago. The trucks were $100US each and the car was a little less, I think $60Cad at my local store. The Bethesda store still has a Nuka-Cola Delivery truck I've been eying to buy...

They're all made by "The Wand Company" If you google their name, you might find some unsold stock somewhere of the trucks and car..

The Truck I got on the Bethesda.net Online store, they were a limited Edition thing. That Orange one is Red Rocket themed, 1 of 400. I also have the plain metallic cherry red version in box still. The Blue fusion Flea, I picked up at the local Gamestop a a year or so ago. The trucks were $100US each and the car was a little less, I think $60Cad at my local store. The Bethesda store still has a Nuka-Cola Delivery truck I've been eying to buy...

They're all made by "The Wand Company" If you google their name, you might find some unsold stock somewhere of the trucks and car..
Cool! Can't say I've played the games, but I love the overall design aesthetic, especially when it comes to the cars and robots. Those model cars look very nice.

I forgot about these. Once when I was looking for vintage sprint car/midget toys I discovered Tootsie Toy made some that were much bigger than their cheap little Hotwheels sized cars. Tootsie Toys never had the high detail level of Hotwheels and Matchbox cars. They were one piece "slush cast" cars with no glass or interiors (other than some tin interiors on very early cars circa 1930 -40)

They made these way back and up into modern times. When I found the sprints/midget cars I ended up with three. One I painted red and put on a military truck that I removed the missile launcher from and added a plate aluminum bed to make a car hauler.
IMG_1144.JPG

IMG_1139.JPG

I put model airplane wheels and model car decals on the next one, also ground and polished the cast numbers off the tail tank to be able to add number decals to a smooth surface. I was trying to achieve an early tether car look. I found the steering wheel at Hobby Lobby in the scrap book section and mounted it with a 2-56 bolt. I used 2-56 thread stock and nuts for axles on these wheels.

IMG_1368.JPG

The next one is my favorite thing to do with the old 1930 -1960 Tootsie Toys. I removed the paint from the car, polished it with #0000 steel wool and lacquered finished the car. These midgets are about 3.5 or 4" long.

IMG_1346.JPG

IMG_1348.JPG

IMG_1350.JPG

I discovered that Tootsie Toy made what they called "Jumbo" cars that were often art deco in appearance. One that I don't have was a pickup that was probably the most art deco of all. Anyway, here is the "Jumbo Sedan." Polished and lacquered.
IMG_1388.JPG

IMG_1386.JPG

IMG_1378.JPG

Here is the "Jumbo Coupe," my personal favorite. Same finish treatment. BTW, most purist like the chipped original paint. They are not very valuable so I prefer restoration.
20201228_131948.jpg

20201228_131957.jpg

Those are repro tires above.

This is the "rattiest" Tootsie Toy in my opinion, the "Jumbo Roadster." They made one very close to this in the tiny Tootsie Toys most of us are familiar with. I adapted these wheels from a 1936 Ford diecast car. My quest was to achieve a rat rod look.

IMG_1369.JPG

IMG_1370.JPG

IMG_1371.JPG

IMG_1372.JPG

Last edited:
I used to collect comic books, wrestling action figures, Harley Davidson stuff, skateboards, bikes, pinstriping brushes, flags, hot wheels, metal signs, hockey/ music/ movie memorabilia, vinyl records, cassettes, cd’s, BB Guns, knives, cans/ bottles, metal tins, hotrod/ motorcycle mags, books on various subjects like tattooing/ motorcycles/ musician biographies etc... Lost allot of this stuff in the move to my house. Plus the wife became a minimalist so you know how that goes...

View attachment 150260

Vintage barware, mostly Tiki/Hawaiian souvenirs. Strangely I don't drink and I've never been to Hawaii!
So cool! I collect those too. When I get a chance I'll post a picture of my tiki room. Like you I do not drink and have never been in Hawaii. For me it was an extension of mid century style/culture.

So cool! I collect those too. When I get a chance I'll post a picture of my tiki room. Like you I do not drink and have never been in Hawaii. For me it was an extension of mid century style/culture.

Same! Our house was built in 58 and its just become an illness. How about ceramic black panthers? Ive got a ton of those too.

Latest posts

Back