~?What Else Do You Collect ?~

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I collect Beer bottle caps and AMC cars. Besides the 14,000 + US beer bottle caps in my collection, I have a 70 AMX and a 71 SC/360 Hornet..

cuhPgAW.jpg

4mRDQHU.jpg

VqKmVTR.jpg

M9QvaU0.jpg

41xl3iq.jpg

R34FdiQ.jpg

pLkrZGx.jpg

Vintage Topper Johnny Lightning Diecast Cars
000_00066_zpskmqxlubm.jpg

I have all of the 47 Cars that they made in 1969 1970 1971. Most are in Mint Condition

Last edited:
"I Enjoy Building Movie Car Novice Dioramas"
000_0005%202.jpg

Am Working On MAD MAX / ROAD WARRIOR
000_0016.jpg

Just Finished VANISHING POINT Ending
Not much to it but, It looks pretty good...
Last Pics To Come As Soon As Possible.
"Including American Graffiti Race Scene"

Last edited:
If you like Mad Max and diecast cars check out this guy in Australia and check out the work he does to std diecast cars!! I have had a go at customising Diecast models but I am in awe of what he can do.

Last of the V8 Interceptors

Mad Max Fury Road

Mustang

"I LOVE HIS WORK"

I hate to say it but, I think I like the silver one better... "Hey!" "That's Mine!"

"I also like the Mad Max car with trunk"

Here's a pic of an American Torino
1775018377_aba2dc1a9f_o_zpsgzmt1ezd.jpg

I built this 1970 Buick GS 455 Stage 1 from the 2005 unknown movie "Bellflower". It's based on The Road Warrior. And, can blow fireballs out of the rear pipes onto following cars!
000_0002_zpsbytvvjmz.jpg

bellflower-movie-poster-02_zpsmzygtldc.jpg

My first attempt at building a model was based on Jim Richards (Great Australian/NZ driver) Falcon Sprint in Touring Car Masters series in Aust. Jim is a friend of mine and I heard that Biante Model Cars were making his race car but I just couldn't wait so I bought a basic road car and transformed it. Here are a few piccies of the build

How it started

Put a rollcage in

Add a seat and check for fitment

Put it back together and throw some decals on it

Change and put the proper racing wheels on it then take it to the track to show Jim

Jim, was quite impressed and wanted one - so why not build him one as he was still waiting for Biante to confirm the production of them.

My first attempt at building a model was based on Jim Richards (Great Australian/NZ driver) Falcon Sprint in Touring Car Masters series in Aust. Jim is a friend of mine and I heard that Biante Model Cars were making his race car but I just couldn't wait so I bought a basic road car and transformed it. Here are a few piccies of the build

How it started

Put a rollcage in

Change and put the proper racing wheels on it then take it to the track to show Jim

Jim, was quite impressed and wanted one - so why not build him one as he was still waiting for Biante to confirm the production of them.
Great work! I have seen that old sprint running and it is easily my favourite of all the masters car past and current... :113:

Luke.

Great work! I have seen that old sprint running and it is easily my favourite of all the masters car past and current... :113:

Luke.

As I said Jim is a good friend and also a client of mine and has got a few of his racecars in his factory. I like the new Javelin in black rhat he had to rebuild after the white one crashed at Sandown

How it started

Put a rollcage in

I like it but, I'm not that good at it... "I dabble"

Luke.

Hey Luke! Congratulations on the Moderation! Now, I know that you'll see "all" of my Posts. "I Pitty You" lol ! Try not to censor me too much... "You know i'm Bi-Polar and, I just can't help myself" ha ha !

Last edited:
I collect strange looks and confused neighbors.
"What's he building in there" - Tom Waits.

Yep ! :oops:
i don't "collect" its more "gathering"

peices of steel
bolts
brackets
hinges
washers
door knobs
pieces of wood

i just hate to need to go to the store to buy just a small item when i need it , and having allot of parts already to choose from motivates my imagination for projects
, soo when i see something i could use in the garbage or before i throw something to the garbage, i keep it .... but not in a crazy manner , i keep it organized and manage to not have to much , just the good useful stuff

Yep ! :oops:
i don't "collect" its more "gathering"

peices of steel
bolts
brackets
hinges
washers
door knobs
pieces of wood

i just hate to need to go to the store to buy just a small item when i need it , and having allot of parts already to choose from motivates my imagination for projects
, soo when i see something i could use in the garbage or before i throw something to the garbage, i keep it .... but not in a crazy manner , i keep it organized and manage to not have to much , just the good useful stuff
I hear ya. I have a parts cabinet from an old hardware store with all the drawers and dividers. I pull all the hardware off of things before they other stuff goes to scrap. I don't own a welder or I would probably keep more stuff. I macguyver stuff to keep it working. My lawnmower starts with a bike brake now. :)

My lawnmower starts with a bike brake now. :)
I start my big self propelled lawnmower/slasher with a heavy duty drill in low gear with a 22mm socket in the chuck... Works great and no sore arm from using a pull start...

Luke.

Show us how this works @OneHorsePower?

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
bac.png

+2 big boxes for wood and metal pieces
and a place dedicated to big wood panels

not speaking of tools and bike parts ;)
i did a overall of the work area last year , renovations took 1month , but organizing took 2months:43:
now i do my best to keep it clean and organized
before , it was apocalipse and had bearly space to work and move around

Latest posts

Back