What Engine kit to buy???

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,
I'm looking to buy an engine kit for this bike
5344755979_c21965e8ca.jpg

I'm pretty sure i want to install a 66cc 2 cycle engine. However, I want something that will actually run and last a while once i install it; I am willing to pay a little bit more for an engine kit if there is one out there worth buying.
Any help is appreciated!
WillyB.

If you want function without concern about styling, these are a lot less troublesome and longer lasting than the in-frame chinese set-up. http://www.bikeengines.com/info.htm :| I have an older 25cc 2 cycle version, it goes along at a good clip once you're moving.

Thanks for the help and the compliments! I do want a center mount engine; I just like the looks of the early motorcycles. Was hopeing there was something other than one of these chinese motors to mount up, but it looks like that Phantom with the HD hub may be the route I run. If that hub is worth the extra $$ i'll just cross my fingers and hope for a good motor :oops:
Thanks again,
WillyB

Just remember 3 things with the Chinese engines. Check the head torque daily. 120 inch lbs, , not foot lbs. The more you do it the less it will require tightening. If your head loosens you will blow head gaskets often. Don't run it at full speed all the time. Cruise at 3/4 throttle, and use full power for short bursts and hills. These little things die if you wring them out 100% all the time. Mix you oil on the high side of factory specs. If you can mix between 4 oz and 5 oz per tank, run it at 5. Keep it lubricated well. I use redline synthetic racing two stroke oil myself. They say synthetic doesn't build up as much carbon in the muffler.

Latest posts

Back