What have you been riding lately?

Discussion in 'BIKE TALK' started by GuitarlCarl, Apr 30, 2018.

1. GuitarlCarl

GuitarlCarl

In all honesty I've been watching football all day. Da Bears! [​IMG]

Carl.

deorman, us56456712 and handyandy1100 like this.
  2. deorman

deorman

:crazy:

GuitarlCarl likes this.
  3. AllPro2Go

AllPro2Go

[​IMG]

I had the privilege of riding my AllPro Cruiser, "Mountain Gal" Up on the Latah trail in Idaho while visiting my Grandparents. It was beautiful.

Went to the Bicycle coop and got some parts that you can see me messing with on her, like that Dyna light on the front.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
    RustyGold likes this.
  4. Chuy

Chuy

Man, I really dig that Kona. I've been keeping my eye out for one and I've seen a few pop up, but way too pricey for my budget. Anyway, great looking rig!

Dizzle Problems likes this.
  5. Speed King

Speed King

Beautiful today.

epic.jpg

6. Dizzle Problems

Dizzle Problems

Thanks man. It took me a long time to find mine. The frame and fork & a few bits surfaced kinda locally. RRB member @thebigorangecat saw it and let me know. I made the three hour drive the next morning. It’s for sure in my top 3. And out of 50+ Bikes, it’s one of two that ‘live’ in the house.

RustyGold likes this.
  7. Stevetraf

Stevetraf

[​IMG]

It’s winter in Alberta.
    Went for a ride on global fat bike day.
    Finished with a tailgate bbq in the snow .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. Hammerhead

Hammerhead

Just picked a '56 Jaguar. Put air in the tires and rode her around the block. Had to shift manually but she rides. IMG_20181210_144604638.jpg

9. ParkRNDL

ParkRNDL

Did the 4th Annual Williamsport, MD Christmas Lights Bike Ride this evening. It was the first time I've done this ride; it was pretty amazing. Rode my '68 Panther, lightly decked out for Christmas. There were lots of folks there that went WAY harder at the Christmas decorating than I did...
    20181212_175607.jpg
    20181212_180110.jpg

10. RustyGold

RustyGold

Every work night...my current 'shop bike' :thumbsup:

IMG_20181212_201305397.jpg

Despite the 1/4" slop in the rear hub and the big old knobbies...this bike is fast and smooth...it defies physics:dance2:

Jason

GuitarlCarl, rrtbike, Chuy and 4 others like this.
  11. EGB

EGB

12. MojoK

MojoK

[​IMG]

It's the bike from my avatar pic ( yes it's a real snap)....not so new anymore....she's named The Great White Buffalo

13. dropstep

dropstep

That's a fun little town. Did the winter ride go down along the towpath and river bottom? One of my childhood bikes was left in a shed there

ParkRNDL likes this.
  14. ParkRNDL

ParkRNDL

This particular ride does not go on the towpath. We ride through a couple of residential neighborhoods and then to a little restaurant in the middle of downtown. It was my first time doing the ride, and I was AMAZED... people come out on their front porches and wave as if it was Santa on the fire truck. It helps that leading the ride is a two-person tricycle with a huge PA speaker in the basket, blaring Christmas music and holiday greetings from the guy leading the ride.

I have ridden and walked the towpath, though. It's a beautiful, level ride. And Williamsport is a really nice little town. I teach middle school just up the road in Clear Spring... the canal and towpath are a big thing in all the towns along the southern border of Washington County.

dropstep likes this.
  15. dropstep

dropstep

Small world. Some of my friends graduated from clear spring. I really enjoy the towpath when I get a chance to ride or walk it. Pretty neat that they have a Christmas ride period. That had to have started after we moved. I grew up in the hagerstown and surrounding area so I understand how big of a tourist/ recreational area it is. Just never seen a group bike ride

ParkRNDL likes this.
  16. ParkRNDL

ParkRNDL

This ride has actually only been done in Williamsport for a few years. They tried it first in Hagerstown, and in trying to get it promoted, for whatever reason, they discovered that the town of Williamsport was much more receptive to the whole idea. It's pretty much two groups coming together: a few of the Retro-Ride Hagerstown group (we ride Thursday evenings from spring through fall) and a whole lot of families from Hagerstown BMX.

dropstep likes this.
  17. ParkRNDL

ParkRNDL

took the Manta Racer out for a shakedown run. it's a nice rider. I didn't realize till we got going that it has tiny little kid-sized pedals... will have to address that.
    20190101_164909.jpg

we took advantage of the mid-50s temps to ride across town to the Blue Moon Cafe.
    20190101_161244.jpg 20190101_164710a.jpg 20190101_213316.jpg

18. handyandy1100

handyandy1100

New to me Electra Townie, bought January 1.
    Townie.jpg

19. Starnger

Starnger

Nice, 2008 year model :)

20. handyandy1100

handyandy1100

Cool. I was wondering how old it was. Other than a few scuffs in the paint it seems like new.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Starnger likes this.