What is happening to TV?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Body: Kokomo, In... Mind: in the gutter. Soul: in
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
What is happening to TV now days? I mean shows are stupid now, we got over 1,000 channels and you can't find two decent things to watch. You got 10 shows about pawn shops, 20 shows about storage lockers, 30 shows about buying property and flipping it for money, American Pickers which is full of lies and gets people to believe outrageous prices, American Restoration is some hack throwing stuff together then charging way outrageous prices to do a half butt job of restoring something, then there's Naked and Afraid...The sensors won't let them be naked so what do you got? afraid people running around in the jungle with 40% of the screen blurred the whole show? And that's entertaining? another 20 shows about jail and crime, Talk shows have all gone to smut with who's your daddy shows where they test 37 different guys and still don't find the child's dad? 90% of the show sounds like morse code, It's bad when the best thing to watch is SPONGE-BOB SQUARE-PANTS!

Oh... Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?......

:lol:

Isn't this what our parents told us about our stuff?

However, I do believe most of what's on TV actually is garbage, the result of the dumbing down of public education and political propaganda. I know a lot of young people who find this stuff stupid also.

Totally the same thing our parent's said.

When I was growing up, bands like Nirvana, Pearl Jam, etc... broke through and did something different and their work is important enough to be liked for ages.

I can't think of anything today that will be thought of in that light, decades down the road. It doesn't feel like much of today's music is being written with any importance.

Even country music used to be it's own genre, now it's pop music and most of it "crosses over" into that genre.

I can't see autotuned artists making a lasting impression, but I could be wrong.

This is why we have Netflix....all 249 episodes gives us plenty to watch. :wink:

andy-griffith-show.jpg

Public Broadcasting, Sports and movies is pretty much it for me, with the occasional exception of Fast and Loud.

Amen to that! I don't listen to much of the music of today, people always ask me how old I am when they hear what kind of music I listen to, I might only be 28 but I like Jimi Hendrix, Ozzy, Metallica, John Lennon, Bob Dylan, Boston, Counting Crows, Danzig, Eagles, B.L.S., Foreigner, Kansas, Poison, Prince, Alice Cooper, Twisted Sister, Tom Petty, Marylin Manson, Aerosmith, and other good 50's - 80's rock and roll. The 90's saw the downfall of music as we know it and it's mostly gotten worse from there.

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
Public Broadcasting, Sports and movies is pretty much it for me, with the occasional exception of Fast and Loud.

I love that show, it's one of my DVR saved shows. I kinda like shipping wars too. Funny to see what kind of trouble they get into.

im with raggedjim ....that philly throttle is pretty good ...
and the new whats in the barn motorcycle show ...thats pretty good ...
u have 2 look at all tv as entertainment ...thats what its all about
now for truth n real reality i usually go to facebook ....lmbo :mrgreen:

I'm watching my first episode of Philly throttle now, looks pretty good so far. A million times better than OCC!

Some cool bikes on there too.

I'm with you on this one! But i HATE sponge boob!! I can see the brain cells disappearing when my kid watch's the show. Four of us in the house and only the youngest is the one watching tv. lol

redeyerat said:
I'm with you on this one! But i HATE sponge boob!! I can see the brain cells disappearing when my kid watch's the show. Four of us in the house and only the youngest is the one watching tv. lol

Yeah, that one was a joke. :wink:

At least professional wrestling is still real!
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

kingfish254 said:
At least professional wrestling is still real!
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Yeah but I still miss the antics of Eddie Guerrero. He was a hoot to watch. Especially when he'd sit there behind the referee's back laughing and get the other guy disqualified. :lol: Ah the good old days.

Ray Bradbury-Fahrenheit 451.

Everyone was so touchy and easily offended by everything that all entertainment became mindless drivel that did nothing to advance the notion of free and independent thought.

Sound familiar? :wink:

Chips_Mahoy said:
If you've got time to watch TV, you've got time to build bikes!

Say it for me Jake....GET TO BUILDING!!!

I have been building but I'm waiting on my tires! Read my build thread! :lol:

outskirtscustoms said:
Chips_Mahoy said:
If you've got time to watch TV, you've got time to build bikes!

Say it for me Jake....GET TO BUILDING!!!

I have been building but I'm waiting on my tires! Read my build thread! :lol:

I have. Down time from one build means build time on another... :D.

The pinstripes look good BTW.

Latest posts

Back