What is the best new bike you've ever bought New?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: What is the best new bike you've ever bought?

Thats a toss up between my 70's Varsity and my 2005 Cruiser Alloy.I've had the Vsrsity forever but its probably the Cruiser Alloy.I'm old now and its easier to get on and ride

I guess that depends on what you mean by best. Also, do you mean best cruiser, or best bike of any sort that met your needs at the time? If its the later, I'd probably say my Surly Long Haul Trucker qualifies for me...

WP_000483.jpg

I hardly ever buy bikes new, I always buy used...it's cheaper that way. Only new bikes I have bought are a Magna mountain bike and a few Huffy Cranbrooks that I bought for wheel sets and parts.

My 68 Murray definitely isn't new, and I didn't buy it it was free, but when it's all put together and ridable it is the best of my 2 rides.

For comfort, this can NOT be beat. :wink:

Electra Townie
001-52.jpg

My El Guapo is COMFY and FAST! :D

076.jpg

Back in early '99 I bought a '98 model Gary Fisher Joshua XO from a bike shop, it was the last Gary Fisher made by Gary Fisher and not on the Trek line. I thought it was the best thing ever and I paid dearly ($1070.00) but I never got comfortable with that bike.

Also in college we bought my wife a Scott rigid mountain bike, it was nice.

Since I've been into bikes in the last 3 years I've bought a few new bikes for my kids, just Walmart bikes and I bought a Mongoose Cachet from Walmart, but the best new bike has been my single speed rigid 29er, a Gravity bike from bikesdirect.com, I love that bike and everyone who rides it only has good things to say about it. (and it was only $349 total shipped)

IMG_4869.jpg

Here's the Fisher, which proved to me that big money doesn't mean you'll love it.

normal_fish1_zpsc080662c.jpg

bianchipista.jpg

Might not be the style of bike your into, but I love my 2012 Pista

I would say my Salsa Vaya as it is the best bike every built. If I had to go with one bike, it would be the Vaya....but I didn't buy it new. I built it up from the frame. So I would say it is either my Specialized Roubaix Team Saxo or my Fisher Hifi 29er full suspension...

Me and this bike have about 10K miles together...
troub2.jpg

This is the day I got it.
hifi2.jpg

I bought my FIRST new bike ever last spring, a Specialized Hybrid, for 450. Nice bike. Was it worth it? No...
I got more enjpyment and a better quality ride out of the 55 Western Flyer I just restored, at 1/2 the cost. But I still enjoy the Specialized, on rails to trails rides,long days. gears help. But 90% of the time, I prefer one of my 20 something antiques.

Bought my first new bike in 15 years. Specialized Comfort bike, spent nearly $500 on it. The bike I like the most is a Raleigh Technium City Lite that I spent $20 for and a new set of tires.

Here is one on ebay for $679. <<< its not mine

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Raleigh ... 0608261842

Still love my RIP9 but the 2009 GT Peace 9R SS gets the most action, ride it 3-4 times a week, just keep air in the tires, wax the chain every so often, and go.

SS_calvera_zpsd224455c.jpg

ndaway said:
I really like my trek 3900 disc bought it new in 2011
045.jpg
That's nice, I had a Trek 4300 I bought used. Ended up letting it go on a trade.

as much as I'd like to say the latest and greatest bike I own is my '09 Kestrel Evoke (nicer and lighter than my '11 BMC SR-01), I'm gonna say the best bike I ever bought new is my '90 Bridgestone RB-1. It has performed flawlessly for 10s of thousands of miles, won some races, and now on it's third groupo (still original brakes though) is still as good a training bike as the two previously mentioned.

6231351276_f136e1cbca_b.jpg

Recently I'd have to say the Felt MP for my son. That's a smooth bike. Heavy as a Sherman tank, but smooth.

The best bike I remember is a Cannondale M2000 I bought from the bike shop I was working for. That puppy was sweet for the time. Looked exactly like this (without the neon pink clip straps.

CannondaleSM2000_2.jpg

Latest posts

Back