What is the worst bike that you own?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the worst bike that you really hate to ride, but you own it.

This is gonna be fun :D
20190811_160600.jpg

I call it the Abomination because it is a mix of few bikes. It is a bunch of parts, it has an SS hub and that front wheel wouldn't work with a (caliper) front brake because the rim is ribbed. It is as simple as it gets, the left seastays have two odd holes in them and the other front wheel I installed has a wobbly axle. The seat is screeching as your granma's rocking chair and the bars have that funny angle that makes my wrists hurt. On this pic it has a "threaded to ahead" stem adapter, but it is running a regular threaded stem now.
It is purpose-built and its only purpose is to be left outside unattended if needed (like at the train station).
I kinda like how it rides though, it is fairly light and it lives in the cellar so it is my first choice when I go get groceries. I prefer much more upright riding position so this one took some geting used to, it was quite scary the first few times. Also it is quite high (635mm rear wheel and 622mm front) and I am 174cm with relatively short limbs, so every time I stop dismounting needs some careful planning so I don't crush my junk.

But why do that, when this is twenty bucks?View attachment 104710
Because for these you would need to drill the bars, if I am not mistaken. Also the best thing about rat rods is making something else work instead of simply buying the needed parts :) Nothing wrong with buying, of course, but recycling parts is cool.

P.S. It really depends on HOW you do it, check this Felt build from gigmata ( http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/the-need-for-speedster.92619/ ) :
08d41a6563ebb1149e2f5aebc81483ca.jpg

Last edited:
There's a few parts bike that I could hate. But the one that I bought to build that I hate the most right now is this old Specialized Hardrock.
20190910_093901.jpg

I do like the bottom mount Dia Compe 990 rear brake though. And with different stem and bars, maybe a fork, along with a banana seat and a cheap fast paint job, and maybe some kind of motor, I think it has potential.

Hardrock is a bottom of the line bike, but from a top of the line company!
It's alright. Has some decent parts.
Bought it to do a SS BMX conversion, and then realized that the frame isn't quite long enough for me and the seat tube angle is too upright.

Might try and build a cafe racer style short banana seat.

I haven't really ridden it yet, didn't even have air in the tires. I just slapped it together so I could look at the pics and contemplate. I'm worried that it won't stay in its position.

I'm a guy who LOVES my Hardrock. Claim it's the best bike ever. But then I see a mid ninties Stumpjumper listed...View attachment 104721
I've had three Hardrocks. I don't think they're bad bikes. Just that none of them have fit me exactly right.
This one was a particularly sweet machine.
20190528_192948.jpg
But a little too small for me. Paid forty at a pawn shop and kept it for about a year and sold it too cheap, but still tripled my money. Should've kept the wheels, forks, and seat.

And then I got this one a couple of weeks ago from a pawn shop for $20.
20190816_143703.jpg
Shifters are jacked up and front brake was disconnected. But $90 seat.

I've had three Hardrocks. I don't think they're bad bikes. Just that none of them have fit me exactly right.
This one was a particularly sweet machine.View attachment 104722 But a little too small for me. Paid forty at a pawn shop and kept it for about a year and sold it too cheap, but still tripled my money. Should've kept the wheels, forks, and seat.

And then I got this one a couple of weeks ago from a pawn shop for $20.View attachment 104723 Shifters are jacked up and front brake was disconnected. But $90 seat.
The seat on the blue one is :rofl:+:rockout:+:banana:!

The seat on the blue one is :rofl:+:rockout:+:banana:!
Yeah I really loved that bike. Just felt cramped. And the air fork was a little squishy for me even when fully charged. Nearly endo'd once when I squeazed the front brake too hard and it compressed.

You talking the White Bros shock? They're fairly desirable. For old mountain bike stuff. I like the look, never ridden one. I think my Hardrock is too small on me too, I get a sore back sometimes. Either that or my core is weak... Nah, it's gotta be the bike!

Hahaha judging by the droputs and seatsatys it looks like the same design as the one I have posted. For 28" wheels or 26? What is it that you hate about it?
It was a 27 inch bike, and I hated it because it was extremely cheap.

Latest posts

Back