what is your favorite sprocket

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Well boys and girls for a living I run a 3000 kilowatt Laser and while I was standing there yesterday daydreaming while waiting for a sheet of steel to get done being cut. It hit me - this thing could make some killer chain sprockets.

Thinking .125" plate in either stainless or crs.

I need pictures of your favorite sprockets to get ideas.

I found this one last night.

Thanks,
Jon

What an awesome thread idea. I stole the idea and started a Sprocket / Chainring Gallery in the "SHOW ME YOUR" gallery forum
viewtopic.php?f=70&t=76909

Here is my contribution. A "TROPICAL" sprocket from Bali, Indonesia
IMG_7207.jpg

There are a lot of cool sprockets out there but my favorite is the Murray sprockets because I think it's cool.

Here is a sprocket from one of the last years of USA made Murray bicycles I am using on my Christine bike. Notice the M with wings as it was used on the Mercury name Murray brought back at the time.

Tater said:
The one with the hand in the pic below.

200254041_0d5f978bdd_z.jpg

I have one of those on my 1948 Rudge Whitworth

I love the AMF Star Rings
aIMG_8017.jpg

You mean like this??. :shock: . but with More & bigger Holes :shock: :shock: OOOOHHH!! :shock: :arrow: :idea: :lol:

Ideas are abound!!

AMF star with red and green reflectors. I had one and traded it for a set of tandem sprockets. This is it, but not my pic, it came up on a search. The marks in the middle are exactly the same.

bg7kth.jpg

Those are cool too.
temporary-15.jpg

outskirtscustoms said:
You should try to make one with a Rat Rod Bikes logo incorporated into it. :idea:

That is what my original idea was. If I get one done we can have a fund raiser auction.

Do I use: RRB.COM or spell it all out?

I think the script letters are too busy. Try sticking with the fat block letters like the first sprocket.
sproket_zps7137441c.jpg

Latest posts

Back