What kind/year Monark?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all!,

I'd appreciate somebody informing me on what exact model and exact year this Monark is. It's a 24" bike. Maroon frame. Red fenders with gold and white pinstriping (probably not original to bike). I've had it a few months now and haven't positively id'd it yet. Model number looks to be 130 OG. Here is the id badge

Thanks very much for lookin.

id-plate.jpg

Thanks for id'ing the year. I didn't post photos of the whole bike because the bike was totally painted over in the wrong colors many years ago so I figured that would throw off the id process. The frame is re-painted white (old dull white) and the fenders, rear rack and chain guard were painted over and now look a dull rust/faded red color.

What I now know is: It's a boys 24" 1952 Monark. I've take some paint off so I know the original frame color is Maroon. Original color of fenders is Red with double gold and single white pin striping. Just still would like to find out the model. Doubt this will help but here is the bike. Seat is not original I'm sure. Thanks.

full-shot.jpg

bike-paint-remove.jpg

frame-paint-layers.jpg

neck-badge.jpg

well the chainguard looks to be for a super cruiser but since you dont have a springer fork it just might be the model cruiser. if somebody has the monark only book they might be able to help a little more but i know the secret is in the headbadge. post it on thecabe.com maybe you'll have more luck over there

axsepul said:
well the chainguard looks to be for a super cruiser but since you dont have a springer fork it just might be the model cruiser. if somebody has the monark only book they might be able to help a little more but i know the secret is in the headbadge. post it on thecabe.com maybe you'll have more luck over there

Thanks my friend. :)

Latest posts

Back