What price to put on AMF Skeeter Wheelie

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to put it up for sale here as soon as I get an idea of a fair price

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    587.6 KB · Views: 364
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    260.6 KB · Views: 385
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    211.3 KB · Views: 362
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    213.3 KB · Views: 342
I say $100 plus what ever shipping is, you will sell things faster if you ship.

The bike you have is basically a point to start with.the chrome parts are toast, incorrect seat and other parts. To restore this bike correctly you would spend probably 600 to 800. Plus a lot of labor, paint and prep could be 150-200 decals to be reproduced 150. Correct seat 125 correct tires 150 good clean chrome parts125 then you might have a bike worth 800-1200. I spent over $800 dollars to restore my Aerobee and it was more complete than what you have.my correct decals cost $230. What you have is a fairly rare bike,that being said restored it might bring $800-$1200 but you can't go to Wal-Mart buy a can of krylon and 2 tires off the shelf and say you restored it. I apologize if you thought I was low balling you .I see the bike for what it is and what it could be knowing what it will take to get it there.if you have a realistic price you think it is worth I would like to have it.
Thanks, Stuart

Well two days in and I don't have a publicly published value but I do have offers well above yours. I'm attending to the rules here and not creating an auction situation

I'm going to give it another week or so to get a broader sense and then will come up with a price on the for sale thread. I'm actually leaning towards waiting for a great trade for a musical instrument given the number of "collectors" here someone is going to have something sweet stashed

Last edited:
What Stuart said is very true about costs to restore. While you do have a pretty rare bike, it's not a particularly sought-after bike in the world of muscle bike collecting. Add to that, the muscle bike community is a pretty small niche.

I thought $100 was about right. If you've got offers for more, than take one. But if you think you've found a $1,000 Schwinn Krate, then you're going to be disappointed.

Hope that helps.

I understand about trying to get a grasp on the value of your bike before you sell the bike but if it's about the $ post it on ebay. You'll get what the market bares for it at that time. I am not sure why there's a value problem with this. Sounds like you've had fair offers for it but you're holding out for more $. I realize that's your prerogative, it's your bike but to drag out a sale for potential buyers is a serious turnoff for buyers. Those potential buyers end up frustrated and you lose their trust.

For those curious, no I am not one of the ones that have made an offer. It's a cool bike and I'd love to own it but I have a move in my future and I have been trying to get rid of some of my projects..

Very cool bike! I agree with where most people are at, its rare enough, but not complete enough and to track down the parts would be a nightmare. I'd say depending on how bad someone wants it anywhere from $100 to $150, plus about $40 to ship. You will most likely have to ship to get the most out of it. Good luck with your sale!

Well here is my experience:
Mind you I really am trying to follow the website rules hopefully the webmaster will see that I'm really trying to get a sense of its true value and not auctioning off the bike. A bunch of people say on this thread that is worth a hundred bucks yet I keep getting emails asking for a price. Why all of the attention if it is worth only a hundred bucks? I am an intelligent guy who has been buying and selling musical instruments for many years. I have had an offer for more than 100 that I might end up taking after I get a clear sense of the value of the bike that I am still not clear on. One likely way to get the bike is to offer me a nice vintage instrument. Ask friends and family if anything is sitting in a closet after someone died. Other than that someone please say something that makes sense because I am getting two very disparate messages.

I understand about trying to get a grasp on the value of your bike before you sell the bike but if it's about the $ post it on ebay. You'll get what the market bares for it at that time. I am not sure why there's a value problem with this. Sounds like you've had fair offers for it but you're holding out for more $. I realize that's your prerogative, it's your bike but to drag out a sale for potential buyers is a serious turnoff for buyers. Those potential buyers end up frustrated and you lose their trust.

For those curious, no I am not one of the ones that have made an offer. It's a cool bike and I'd love to own it but I have a move in my future and I have been trying to get rid of some of my projects..

Oh and I would prefer avoiding eBay fees and hassle because the bike is at grandma's house in Charlotte NC and I am dealing with this for the family from My home in Burlington Vermont.

If it it for sale just throw a price on it. Any price you want. If you want to trade it there is the "Let's Trade" section. Just post it there.
Its your bike....I am sure you know what you would take for it.
Good luck to you.

More power to you friend, it certainly could be worth more to someone than what you're seeing here. Personally, I don't have any interest, but somebody may have an Epiphone or a Wurlitzer gathering dust that they'll trade. Good luck.:thumbsup:

The problem is that the proceeds go into the estate to get divided 4 ways. Personally I would rather trade for an instrument then I will pay for the bike. I don't have a price in mind because I keep hearing how rare it is. Sure,the best way to really find out is to put it on eBay but maybe something useful will happen here so I won't have to pay fees and taxes. I have it listed on the trade thread, no nibbles yet.

Just like anything else, it's worth what someone is willing to pay. I don't know if you'll be able to trade it for a vintage instrument or not, that's not my fortay. But I think I'd sell it for as much as I could, then put the cash toward a guitar or whatever.

Nobody is knocking your bike here, but just remember....
Rare does not always mean valuable. It may be but unless you are willing to price it eBay may be best.

Latest posts

Back