what would you pay for this??

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what we have here is an AMF Hawk 5. well thats what the sticker says anyways! my question you guys is what would you all pay for something like this? there is a vintage BMX swap meet this weekend in a town near by and im thinking about getting rid of this bike cuz i could use the cash. what would you guys offer for something of this caliber so i maybe know where to start my pricing at..... thanks in advance!!!

Easy E

100_1570.jpg

100_1571.jpg

100_1572.jpg

100_1573.jpg

dude for real? i know i can get WAY more than 5 10 bucks tops for this. you must be crazy! i saw a set of those wheels go for almost $100 last october.... thanks for your input.... :roll:

anybody else got any ideas what this is worth?

Easy E

Probably be better off trying to sell the wheels separately. Dunno the worth but the bike might be over looked as the AMF' s are not sought after.

A little bit of BMX history there, not a bike that you see everyday. Looks to be an '81. Bars are wrong so the BMX guys will have little or no interest in them. The Lester mags should bring between seventy five to one hundred on a good day. I forgot how scary the welds were on those, amazing that a lot of didn't get hurt a whole lot more bitd. Cheers.

I would take the wheel/tires off the bike sell those seperatly. Then take the bars off and put them in the trash. I would not show up to a BMX swap meet with those bars on it. Then sell the wheels and the frame seperate. You may see that it will bring you more money.

nhlkidds said:
I would take the wheel/tires off the bike sell those seperatly. Then take the bars off and put them in the trash. I would not show up to a BMX swap meet with those bars on it. Then sell the wheels and the frame seperate. You may see that it will bring you more money.
Off this bike, yes, don't know about the trash, otherwise in agreement that the wheels are probably worth more alone. :|

elvis51 said:
dude for real? i know i can get WAY more than 5 10 bucks tops for this. you must be crazy! i saw a set of those wheels go for almost $100 last october.... thanks for your input.... :roll:

anybody else got any ideas what this is worth?

Easy E
i was reading this thread more for curiousity 'cause i don't pay collector prices for anything, but i kind of agree. saw a huffy with identical mags at a thrift store a couple weeks back that i missed (in my little car at the time). $8.

anything with wheels makes more money parted out. :wink: i like the bike, if i had the spare money id buy it. :)

The mags are worth probably $30-60 locally. Remember, everybody is going to be looking for a "deal" on local stuff, plus any BMX collector is going to really give those mags a beating on the condition. Too bad the bike has zero resale value aside from the mags, I like it.

If that were mine, I would just give it a bath and keep it, it's a weird little piece, not worth the time to try and sell, but fun to look at.

edit on my idea! chop it up into a stretch! with mags! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

My guess is that you might get $50 - $75 for the bike as is.

Parted out you'd get more, but then you'd have to find someone looking to build an AMF.

I think some of the previous posters were mistaken in thinking you were asking them what they'd expect to pay for the bike at a garage sale or resale shop.

Good luck! :D

you may get $50 or $60 out of it, but i bet that person would only be buying it for the rims unless they were an amf collector. wheels alone an easy $60 bucks for the set and maybe up to $100, but don't hold your breath. the frame alone about $10 to $20 bucks. amf wasn't known for its quality.

My buddy bought a pair of them rims in new condition for 100$ they are pretty neat rims, I had a pair once. mine suffered though because a car ran over the bike. lol I have a MC donald bmx with them rims on it... lol it was truely an awesome ride! I miss it

Latest posts

Back