What's your best flip bike that also provided cool parts for your stash?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Cheap auction bike...
DSCF6893.JPG

Pulled off all these cool parts!
parts1.jpg

Added used big box bikes parts.... and
IMG_1444.JPG
IMG_1440.JPG
IMG_1441.JPG

Improved the bike, it was crazy tall geared with 49 tooth chainwheel. IDK what it was with Ross but seems like they used larger heavier and in some cases much nicer components. Maybe they had piles of parts laying around from previous years. The fenders are actually middleweight size.

Bought this beast to help out with Duck Norris
$_35.jpeg

Wheels, crank, pedals, seat and post, are on the Duck, along with some bearings and cups. Fork, stem and bars might some day wind up on the Wonky Donkey. I guess I sort of forgot the "flip" part. Anyone want a Moosehead frame, fenders, and chain guard?

Say, that's a nice bike. Beautiful red. Those grips you added bring back memories. I prefer the 3 speed Shimano hubs over Sturmey Archer. Let me know if you ever want to part with that SR :wink1:

Say, that's a nice bike. Beautiful red. Those grips you added bring back memories. I prefer the 3 speed Shimano hubs over Sturmey Archer. Let me know if you ever want to part with that SR :wink1:
That's just what I thought a nice bike. Even though I pulled a lot of nice vintage parts off it, it is still a nice riding bike and hope to find a new home for it. The stem, bars, grips and the Shimano tourney brakes and that awesome chainring. I put a similar chainring on my Schwinn Cruiser 4. It made the gearing taller, but it looks so cool.

Latest posts

Back