Wheel Idea

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may be grasping for straws here, but I may have a good idea, if it could work. Pick up a working 3-spd hub, lace it up to a copper hoop, and change the gear out for a skiptooth. So a skiptooth, 3-spd, copper wheel?

I'm not sure I understand. Are you thinking of a hoop made of copper or a copper colored hoop? If a rim was made of copper, I would think the spoke ends would pull right through it because copper is fairly soft metal. The idea of a skiptooth 3 speed is doable, 3 tabbed skiptooth cogs are available on ebay.

Copper plating. But it will tarnish like mad, nickel plate would hold up alot better.

Clear coat eventually chips, scratches and gets hazy. It'd be bad to try stripping with spokes in the way down the road!
Just a have to clean with tarnish remover, alot!

I may be grasping for straws here, but I may have a good idea, if it could work. Pick up a working 3-spd hub, lace it up to a copper hoop, and change the gear out for a skiptooth. So a skiptooth, 3-spd, copper wheel?

Great Idea ! Get-er Done !

~RafaeL~

Have the wheel chromed without the nickel coat.Nickel is what makes the chrome silver. Copper is the first coat of metal in a chroming process.

Latest posts

Back