Where are they now???

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went for a ride the other day and decided to ride Godzilla. while riding I was wondering, where are all the bikes from the build off's of the past?
here's Godzilla as of this past Sunday's ride in Long Beach May 3, 2009.
img_1148.jpg

"SILVER KWEEN".........She's dead....I killed her!

009-1.jpg

100_2005.jpg

My RRBBO1 entry the Chalkboard Bike. It's probably gotten more use than any other of my cruisers. Ride it around here locally a lot and took it to ride the beaches of So Cal and to the TDF in Tempe. Also take it to the shows for people to pinstripe and graffiti on.
Img_5046.jpg

pic%20075.jpg

I guess I don't have any particular affinity for my buildoff bikes. I keep bikes for 6 months and usually sell them. Fund the Habit.
Black Rat from "RRBO1"- SOLD
DSCF3695.jpg

BF Goodrich Clunker from RRBO2- Parted out. Frame went to RRBO3, Wheels to Hooch.
c4.jpg

Mission Accomplished from RRBO3- SOLD
CIMG0977.jpg

this ones still around collecting dust for the most part(every other month it goes to the store for beverages)...
100_0464.jpg

this one does nothing but collect dust since my sons still to small to ride it....
20orlessfinalpics002.jpg

and this one seems to get the most ride time out of all of them(i think because i made the tank functional for once :lol: )
sactfinished002.jpg

RRBBO2 bike "Rat Rod Lincoln" still around but in this format, took it on the Chopaderos ride end of last summer

IMG_0784.jpg

RRBBO3 bike "Rust Never Sleeps" still around, don't ride much cuz the wheel bearings are pretty much shot and brakes work only slightly

IMG_0799.jpg

Here is my Mr. Mastodon from RRBO3 being ridden during the Slow Drag race at our spring ride. Man, I am way too big for that 24" frame :shock:

3505331396_c9ab0f45c1_o.jpg

3505331054_0bd9d8e110.jpg

as with all things Godzilla has changed a little over the last year, a better seat (I was afraid of catching my shorts on the rusted metal and having a cheek sneak out), moved the flashlight back to the handle bars and put a jet airplane fender ornament on it, and put new tires on. this was the first ride I've taken her on and she did really well. up til now I've only ridden her around here to the park and stuff. I had so much fun building the bike here I'll most likely keep the bike as a keepsake of my experience of the build off. I forgot, Godzilla was entered in RRBO3 and finished above expectations in the middle, not bad for a first build! still considering building "Kong" for this years contest! :roll: :lol: thanks for posting it is fun to look at them keep them coming!

RRBBO2 1st and only build I participated in, the result? Straight Schwinnister! I will not sell this bike! I ride it pretty regularly and get lots of compliments on it. I will change out the seat someday soon though.This seat looks a whole bunch bette
1481.jpg
r than it feels! :wink:

From the Diamond Frame Buildoff - I still have Not-So. It is the closest to the door most of the time, so for a quick ride here or there, or just around the neighborhood, out it goes! I did change the bars out for a little more altitude.. it's easier on my back.... not to mention my front.

Rat Royale
REC Elsewhere

PhantomBantam, Kids bike build off. Still got all the parts, just not assembled.

07.jpg

Photo taken tonight, cinqo de mayo, local coffee shop 8)
timstracker.jpg

Went out and grabbed a hot chocolate then stopped at the pharmacy for a few odds and ends. Now that riding seasons here, we head out a lot, the problem lately seems to be which bike to ride :roll:
I'm stuck right now looking for a decent frame to start with for the bbo.
Rick

I was going to sell the Mini Machine and give the money to a local bike charity but, I wanted to show it at the Autorama first. Well I didn't get it into Autorama so, I guess its time to think about selling. Maldwyn has seen a few trips around the block and I took it to the Belle Isle Freak bike event a couple of weeks ago.
Picture047.jpg

DSC00611.jpg

The Snake Farm bike's in the garage. I took it to a Custom Cruiser show a couple of weeks ago. Plan to sell it on Craigslist if I can, eventually. I have no further use for it.

Latest posts

Back