where'd you username come from?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Carbon forms the backbone of biology for all of life on Earth, of which the good Lord constructed the vehicles that carry our soul, the human body.

In the early 70's I was a Peace Corps volunteer in Liberia West Africa. A fellow volunteer started calling me Crassly and it stuck.

My real name is Johnny jr got nick named Jay-j when i was a kid got older and dropped one of the jay's and well im born and raised in the Motown are.. so jaysfrommotown was to long so...
Jaysmo was born....

Hi! After my parents told me they would never buy me another bike because I was such a maniac (almost ran head on into my father's car coming around a corner during a bike race, I was winning!) I bought a clunker off my BF after he received a brand new Western Flyer middleweight with all the extras including rear baskets for being a good boy I guess, unfamiliar territory. That clunker just happened to be a '50s Roadmaster w/ the bumper style springer and just enough essential parts to make it rideable. First I pimped it out w/ new white walls, chrome fenders, chrome chain guard, headlight, mirrors - you get the idea. It didn't take long before I got bored with that and stripped it all back down again. I was fascinated with the springer and the huge springs on the saddle. My favorite thing to do was ride it down the tiered lawn at the High School - the whole town was built on the side of a hill. With each tier I would get a little more air till at the bottom I completely cleared the side of the hill and came down flat on the sidewalk. You'd think that would fold a bike in half but all those springs just stretched and bounced back - what an amazing engineering feat!. Never did get that bike out of my head so the first thing I bought coming back into the hobby was of course a Roadmaster w/ the bumper style springer. When I joined RRB it was a no brainer - Road Master.

Several years ago I joined a blues band and my Daughter said I needed a blues name..
I told the guys in my band about it and they put that as my name on the flyer..
Now you couldn't tell who was who in the pic...and I walked into the bar
to get a drink,we were playing outside, this lady looks at the flyer and then me
and hollers Houndog!!!....I said how do you know that refers to me?

She matter of factly says,cause you are and I know it....
Before the night was over,I had the whole bar howling..
And it stuck with me ever since...

Pretty self expanatory on mine...I'm disabled,and a cyclist at any time I'm able to ride :D

I've always loved The Who.... so when I was a kid playing video games at the arcade and 7-11's, instead of putting my initials in when I got the High Score, I always put in "WHO".
I've used it as a moniker ever since... and I live in Phoenix....

That's how I was called by my (much) older cousins,when I spent the summer holidays at my aunt's. They still do,however my actual name is William. :mrgreen:
And it's cool,having a fastfood chain named after you. :lol: :lol:

I was the 26th member of a fun skydiving group out of Hinckley, IL called "The Rocketheads". I use it everywhere as it's pretty unique.

I guess I should have posted on the intro thread first, so please forgive me. The wife and I just discovered Electra bikes and bought our first one last week, a Daisy 3i Cruiser for her. Mine's next, a Straight 8!

I was curious about the stories behind some of the user names here on RRB and found this older thread on the subject.
Maybe this will jump start it again!

As for me, 'The Renaissance Man' is a reference to the many interests that I have. I dabble in a variety of things but consider myself a Master of none. :wink:

Why not, I'll bite.

I have had a blog for years, and when it started, it was mostly about science, and science fiction. Books, movies, TV shows, I love anything science related. I read a lot. The blog was called Deven's Science Journal, and my user name was deven_science. That blog now mostly documents my builds, but I use the name pretty much everywhere.

Ummm... :roll: it's my name :roll:

Mum and Dad gave it to me when I was born I think :D

Although I know it is pretty boring, I have never really liked the anonymity of made up user names :?

So yeah... it's just my name :|

Latest posts

Back