Where's the action?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been doing this for five years since I was 16 years old, the only thing that holds me back is funds and space.
Thats why my builds this year where super simple, and they where bikes that are already in my collection.

I popped my build off cherry last winter in the anything-goes BO with my 24" Hollywood muscle bike. Had I known the MBBO was coming I might have saved it. :) I tend do car stuff in the summer and bikes in the winter; I have a 2006 Jaguar and '68 Stingray waiting in the wings for those long midwest winter nights. I'll try to be more active then but this BO just didn't jive with anything I had going!

A little bit of it is motivation.
Neither of the builds I have going are in my wheel house, and the one I haven't started doesn't really fit the category. It will get built at some point but do I want to cut it up and rush it into a build off I'm not feelin'?
I'm also having a lot of remodeling work suck up my time so that I'm weary at the end of the day. I also picked up a part time job repairing guitars. So a lot of it is time. What was that third leg? Oh yeah cash. I'm always squeaking by so although I'd love to find a shifter for Ratimus, plan B is make do with what I have. I'm also missing Luke. I hope he's ok.

Carl.

I should also mention, that for the longest time I thought MBBO stood for Mountain Bike Build Off and not Muscle Bike.
I always think that even after knowing that it's not.:21:

I should also mention, that for the longest time I thought MBBO stood for Mountain Bike Build Off and not Muscle Bike. Since I'm not a mountain bike person, I never checked in on this build off. Note to self, I'm an idiot!
I always think that even after knowing that it's not.:21:

Well that explains everything...:p

It's just a busy year I guess. I'm back to work and have a little baby at home. Bike building time has been very precious. I started 3 builds and I think I will get 2 done! Just haven't had as much time to post. I'm aiming for the deadline.

I'm pretty excited that with 27 entries, if I finish my bike, I should be able to at least place in the Top 30 for this buildoff.
:dance2:
:thumbsup:
giphy.webp

I too have been extra busy with work this year. I changed industries in my job and have been working on a project that keeps me moving.

About the time MBBO started this year I broke my off road bomber. So I built one back up from two bikes, but have only ridden it once offroad since putting it together.

A couple weeks ago I thought I might try to pull something together, but ended up breaking a seat stay before I got started.

So, I figure winter build of some sort will be coming soon....
f9b5bb6a1448cbf1b42ae0807bd580f9.jpg
054a6282305ce2403c6d90565a058df3.jpg

Building..... Riding.....

Latest posts

Back