Which Huffy and what year?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've bought this Huffy with 2 different serial numbers.

On the bottom (below pedals) - C82224 26564
and on the head tube - HC06 6156

It came without the chainguard, so I am unsure what year or it's name.

Help! :)

Here is the bike.
IMG_1995.jpg

And here is the front sticker. It doesn't have any other.

IMG_1999.jpg

Thank you!!!

There should be another number between those two 6's in that number from the head tube. Huffy started using that number sequence in the early 70's. The first two digits was the month of manufacture. The third digit was the last digit of the year. The next four was the number of the frame built that year by that factory. There should be 7 digits after the HC. I've never seen one with a separation in the digits like that. However, I've only seen a few of these head tube numbers.

That frame is identical to my '79. That could easily be an older bike. My seat is a run of the mill Mesinger cruiser seat. Nothing like that one. That front fender has definitely been cut. My fender only has one brace. Instead of a second brace, it attaches to the bottom of the steer tube between the forks.

Last edited:
Any ideas on what year this bike is? The serial number is HC2614212...thinking it's mid 70s. It belonged to my grandfather and I just finished restoring it.

Attachments

• Bike After.jpg
    Bike After.jpg
    442.9 KB · Views: 124
  • Bike After 2.jpg
    Bike After 2.jpg
    445.1 KB · Views: 126
  • Bike Before.jpeg
    Bike Before.jpeg
    455 KB · Views: 123
The HC stands for Huffy Corporation, and the following number is the last number of the year...in your case '2'. I believe that the HC serials started in '73 or later, so yours is probably an '82 (seems reasonable based on graphics and no BMA sticker).

Latest posts

Back