White Lightning

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hooooooooooooooly heck!!!!!!!!!!! i thought i was the last person on earth to listen to records!!!!!!!!!
no way...I still buy records at garage sales. My last purchase included Boston, Ted Nugent, the Gap Band, and Devo.
Stylus's (needles) are sometimes hard to find. I can find cheap ruby ones at the Shack sometimes, or online. I still think a good record on a good turntable still sounds warmer and better than a cd.

jeff

heck yeah I also still buy records. I'm into old stereo equip. (70's high end stuff and tube receivers) almost as much as bikes.

My bike is lookin real similar to your bike, time for some re-design :lol:

ratdaddy said:
hooooooooooooooly heck!!!!!!!!!!! i thought i was the last person on earth to listen to records!!!!!!!!!
no way...I still buy records at garage sales. My last purchase included Boston, Ted Nugent, the Gap Band, and Devo.
Stylus's (needles) are sometimes hard to find. I can find cheap ruby ones at the Shack sometimes, or online. I still think a good record on a good turntable still sounds warmer and better than a cd.

jeff
I have in the neighborhood of 2000 albums and listen to then all the time. I have three turntables set up around the house and even one in the garage for bike wrenching. Jeff check this site for your needle needs http://www.turntableneedles.com/index.a ... =CONTACTUS I've used them a couple of times on a couple of diffrent tables and they had exactly what I needed, quick service too...Kelly

Casting Crowns said:
Looking really nice Duke! Very nice choice of colors. I look forward to seeing more progress. Keep us posted 8) Just outta curiousity does TheDuke refer to John Wayne or the music artist, or none of the aove?
When I was a kid in SoCal I always did a John Wayne impersination so my friends called me the duke.Even got that tattoed on my left arm! As to my fellow audiofobes...........How about 8 tracks.I have about 4 thousand of them! My 79' Chevy Van has the factory 8track that still works! Bought a OS boombox that plays 8tracks! Although I use a Sirius reciever to listen to H.Stern through it!Also theres a new Punk channel and DEAD Channel. But I still the crakle of a true album! Time to paint!(Think I'll throw on some Iron Butterfly) L8 EM

Sirius Rocks!

Stern and now the Dead!! 24-7 !! Jam on is good as well. Yeah man, Sirius Rocks! Where in So Cal did you grow up, Duke? I'm from Carlsbad, No. County San Diego. Chopedero Country............
Ride on!
Ron

Born in Long Beach.(LBC)Freshman year of HS @ Artesia HS In Lakewood. Lived as far south as Laguna Beach and east to San Dimeas. Moved to Oregon @ 15yrs old and will never go back! L8 Em

This is the perfect shirt to ware while painting!
Emsbikes019.jpg

This is how I paint!

Damm
Emsbikes021.jpg

it! Ran outta grey primer...heres the black!

Been a little busy lately! :roll: Worked 14 days straight so I have'nt acomplished much! Worked on my wheels tonight and their done! Repainted my frame because I hated how it looked.Had 3 coats of primer and 3 coats of flat black.thought I'd protect it with a few clear coats and the 1st one ruined it! :x Hated the shiney look,so wet sand and more flat black! Guess I'm close to a factory paint job! L8 EM

Emsbikes026.jpg

Emsbikes025.jpg

eh... dont feel so bad bout the clear, i always get runs in clear, you cant really "see" it cover so i always tend to over apply (=runs :x )

you can use a matte or a flat clear to protect your paint without giving it that "shine". I like using a matte clear for flat black or the oxide red primer. It gives it an overall smoother look without the shiny look. I've noticed a lot of the hot rod guys use a satin look on the black cars that looks real sweet.

jeff

Latest posts

Back