Who needs brakes on a Beast?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I rode it to the local hardware store yesterday. The route includes a 1 block downhill to a busy intersection. I could see the cross walk light blinking so I sprinted. Yeah, well, okay, so that is like watching semis drag race up a mountain pass. About the time the light turned yellow, I hit a pothole and lost the chain. oops. I normally don't run red lights but I had no choice. Not enough time or distance to do the foot jamb in to the fork and tire to slow down. yeahhhhaaawwwww.

tickets: zero.

Emergency brakes are a foot between the chainstays and tire. put on an old pair of sneakers and try it.

Wildcat said:
Emergency brakes are a foot between the chainstays and tire. put on an old pair of sneakers and try it.
When I was young that's the only brakes my bikes had! :mrgreen:

outskirtscustoms said:
Wildcat said:
When I was young that's the only brakes my bikes had! :mrgreen:
All the kids I see have worn out tennies, $1000.00 bmx w/NO brake!~Guess you got a deal on da Beastie!

Well that's better than how I stopped one time... As a kid I used to leave my bike on it's side in the rain and having pegs that held water they eventually rusted out and one time while riding someone on the rear pegs they both broke simultaneously after hitting a pot hole dropping the kid family jewels first on my full speed 26" knobby rear tire. :shock: That scream still haunts me. :lol:

outskirtscustoms said:
Well that's better than how I stopped one time... As a kid I used to leave my bike on it's side in the rain and having pegs that held water they eventually rusted out and one time while riding someone on the rear pegs they both broke simultaneously after hitting a pot hole dropping the kid family jewels first on my full speed 26" knobby rear tire. :shock: That scream still haunts me. :lol:

I have some chrome replacements for him in the BO8 Prize Pot.

kingfish254 said:
outskirtscustoms said:

I have some chrome replacements for him in the BO8 Prize Pot.

He now has 5 kids so evidently stuff still works. :lol:

outskirtscustoms said:

Bahahahaha! I just snorted half my lunch out of my nose! :lol:

Latest posts

Back