WINTER BUILD-OFF 2015 VOTING THREAD.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vote for your favourite bikes!

• 1: X.L. Higgins by @deven_science

Votes: 13 12.1%
  • 2: Lightning by @SCHWINNRAY69

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • 3: Winter/Spring Marriage by @Missing Link

• 4: 1936 Elgin Bluebird Crustoration by @Double Nickle

Votes: 32 29.9%
  • 5: Fully Sprung Elgin by @SILVERKINGPC

Votes: 19 17.8%
  • 6: SUPER-SONIC. by @Big Ape

Votes: 18 16.8%
  • 7: Reasonable facsimile thereof by @us56456712

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • 8: Girlfriends OBX Bike by @roadwarrior

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • 9: Slightly Dangerous by @horsefarmer

• 10: THE DECO BOMBER by @Rat Rod

Votes: 33 30.8%
  • 11: 1958 Schwinn Deluxe Hornet by @bebopblu

Votes: 12 11.2%
  • 12: A Roch by @Laurie Thom

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • 13: Psycho path racer 2 by @bleedingfingers

• 14: SGT. ROCK by @GuitarlCarl

Votes: 16 15.0%
  • 15: 1910 Indian Board Track by @Funkme

Votes: 51 47.7%
  • 16: Iday's bike by @Wildcat

• 17: Drag Rat "the Ugly Kid" by @barber

Votes: 19 17.8%
  • 18: SINISTER URGE by @texasbigjon

Votes: 31 29.0%
  • 19: Steadfast Tin Roller; Unleaded '49 Mercury by @Missing Link

Votes: 16 15.0%
  • 20: Bhuzzard by @The Renaissance Man

Votes: 39 36.4%
  • 21: Switch-a-roo by @gigmata

• 22: Barn Rod by @Psycho Sammi

• 23: The Plus Bike by @JustOne

Votes: 17 15.9%
  • 24: CAT BIKE by @roadwarrior

Votes: 10 9.3%
  • 25: THORN by @Walker

• 26: Iver The Terrible by @Schwinnspastic

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • 27: HALF FAST FLYER by @late for dinner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't get this either there are a lot of members on this site and I'm sure there are more than 54 following the build off
Anyone can vote and we're not electing world leaders though I admit it is sometimes hard to choose from all the great bikes .
Pick one pick em all but vote .

I think the next mini build off should be a yard art contest..
I don't get this either there are a lot of members on this site and I'm sure there are more than 54 following the build off
Anyone can vote and we're not electing world leaders though I admit it is sometimes hard to choose from all the great bikes .
Pick one pick em all but vote .

Wait, I thought we were voting for total world domination?

Last edited:
I cast my votes the other day.

Does the king rat (Steve) or Luke send members alerts via email that there is a BO competition vote? Maybe all the east coasters are still frozen.:cool:

Does the king rat (Steve) or Luke send members alerts via email that there is a BO competition vote? Maybe all the east coasters are still frozen.:cool:
That would be cool! I wonder if @Rat Rod has considered it, would be great for the big build-off especially!

Luke.

There is so much going on this site,maybe members get lost.;)
I notice a lot of bikes get built,but a lot don't enter the comp?
I enjoy the comps because they step up your game play.They encourage you to push further.
And I love the way other fellow builders help with advice....

There is so much going on this site,maybe members get lost.;)
I notice a lot of bikes get built,but a lot don't enter the comp?
I enjoy the comps because they step up your game play.They encourage you to push further.
And I love the way other fellow builders help with advice....
agreed. After my first build off last summer, I don't know if I'll ever build a bike again when it isn't during a build off. They're so much fun to be a part of.

Comment for the powers to be...
Not that I don't appreciate the motorized builds, but based on the voting, isn't it time to do a "Motorized Category" for the BO's? JMHO... seems they should be separate from the pedal powered stuff, it's hard enough voting on bicycles to toss powered art into the equation...

NO, the last thing we want is our favorite hobby to be nagging us to vote... I know it sounds harsh, but think about it, how many of your email alerts do you appreciate? The folks interested will vote and the rest can do their own thing and that's the way it should be... IMO...

Carl.

Comment for the powers to be...
Not that I don't appreciate the motorized builds, but based on the voting, isn't it time to do a "Motorized Category" for the BO's? JMHO... seems they should be separate from the pedal powered stuff, it's hard enough voting on bicycles to toss powered art into the equation...

Maybe the motor helped people vote for him faster. It does seem to work.

- by Gigmata

I thought the build-offs are for all bikes pedal powered?
We have enough segregation in life why should we do it with our bike styles.
In this build-off alone,I see klunkers,restorations,roadies,custom scratch frames and so on.Should they be placed in a separate build-off?
I'm sure the mods would be happy with that?

Once again, another outstanding Build-Off with the impossible task of voting for a winner – so, how does one vote for a winner amongst winners?

Some random thoughts on voting , no segregation is needed in the style of bikes in an anything goes build off ! I would like the ability to vote for a 1st, 2nd and 3rd , as I see it their is clearly a 1st and last place bike with a lot of ties in the middle ! I followed all the builds and if you took the motor off the top bike it would still be the top bike in my eyes due to its visual appeal and the quality of work that made it that way.
Congrats to all the builders ! Its your participation that makes these build offs so much fun ! :113::rockout:
Mark

Latest posts

Back