Winter Build off, The (.....) Baron

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So sorted out some frames today here are some of the bits I will be using,
going low, down with the snakes and weeds with this one hopefully!
Not sure on a name or colour will see how she pans out.

Plan is to flip the the blue frame and use the white one's rear end, maybe some cutting tomorrow.
2qbvp77.jpg
es6bsn.jpg

Last edited:
Gotta love the creative mind. I looked at the first photo and thought what a pile of dung, then you flip the one bike upside down and my thought immediately changed to BRILLIANT!

Bit of a mock up, decided to use the blue bikes rear triangle, like the curves better!
2r7m0q0.jpg
30verrt.jpg

Gone for a pointed lower bar, bit of an aggro look!
mcafep.jpg
2gww3ex.jpg

2vjyadi.jpg
2cqjwwo.jpg

Will be melting some metal after some prep, first go with my new tig welder!

Last edited:
So the tig went alright, so much better than arc welding, bit more like oxy welding really,
much more control with the heat more localised. Only problem is impurities, must have
the metal super clean, I had to clean up the tip a bit, got there in the end.

Hey I am no master and there will be some clean up and bog, way less than arc welding!
b5626p.jpg
2943v5i.jpg

2qa72ap.jpg
24mw4fa.jpg

hs9x6v.jpg
fxdzfa.jpg

Pedals and drive train, brakes, bog and paint, hey I'm almost done, yeah right??????!!!!!!!!

Now that's a nice looking frame. The bottom rail reminds me of the one I put on Rattled... only I put mine on the edge instead of flat. Thought about doing it flat but decided I wanted the depth.

Very nice work Pushie :113:

Glen.

Gidday Pushie,

Well, I thought it looked good, but agree that it was too short. I too like longer bikes. However, the lengthening in the top tube doesn't look right to me.

Here's how I would do it...

2la6a9i.jpg

I would angle that top tube extension down so that it follows the line towards the seat tube, then put some sort of gusset there as shown with the darker blue piece.

But if you have already welded that piece in, then you could put a gusset in beneath to continue the flow of the top tube, like this...

dzgo6h.jpg

That's just my 2 dollars and 99 cents... it's going to look great either way.

Cheers,

Glen.

So far this bike is sweet

Hello... Hello... Hello...
Is there anybody in there?
Just nod if you can hear me...
Is there anyone at home?

Pink. o_O

Yeah I'm here thanks Carl, just plodding on it a bit, no bikes working on the house for the boss,
she sometimes thinks I waste my time on bikes all the time, she will never understand!

Last edited:
Ahh... The things we'll do for the love of a woman...

Carl. :crazy:
^ single Dad...:banana:

Latest posts

Back