WINTER (DEC 1st 2013- MARCH 1st 2014) build-off (summer in Aust) All Done! JOIN US NEXT YEAR!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I would be into do joining this but I have a few questions to see if I'm even eligible. I've got a rat bike that yes has been built before. Not really built I should say but mocked up.

At this point I've got all the parts I want I just have to put it all together as a final mock up.
The frame needs some pretty serious rust repair so welding will be involved and the bottom fender mount needs to be welded back in the frame.

This will be traditional in the sense that the frame is only being put back to stock but I will be welding. Then just paint and detail for the rest.

So am I allowed in?

The only problem I have is that....RUST SUCKS!!!! And I think everyone agrees with that! Lol Welcome aboard!!

Nito
I think we may need to clarify this slightly: Heavy rust that causes structural issues sucks! However light surface rust and patina can be good! ;)

Luke.

So I would be into do joining this but I have a few questions to see if I'm even eligible. I've got a rat bike that yes has been built before. Not really built I should say but mocked up.

At this point I've got all the parts I want I just have to put it all together as a final mock up.
The frame needs some pretty serious rust repair so welding will be involved and the bottom fender mount needs to be welded back in the frame.

This will be traditional in the sense that the frame is only being put back to stock but I will be welding. Then just paint and detail for the rest.

So am I allowed in?

Welcome! Join the fun!

Hey all!

First Post here, but can i get involved with this build? I have a bike that I bought and would like to re-design and the build off is a great way to set the wheel in motion. Whatta ya say??

Hey all!

First Post here, but can i get involved with this build? I have a bike that I bought and would like to re-design and the build off is a great way to set the wheel in motion. Whatta ya say??
Welcome aboard! Just start a thread in the winter build section and show everyone what your doing, must be done by March 1st 2014 though! ;)

Luke.

P.S. You might want to do an intro in the intro section too at some point, helps everyone know who you are and what you are all about.

Hey all!

That's what happened to me.... next thing ya know you're looking to score some parts from the scrapper down the street...:crazy:

Carl.

That's what happened to me.... next thing ya know you're looking to score some parts from the scrapper down the street...:crazy:

Carl.
Soon you will be planning your week around what days certain scrappers and dump shops are open...

Luke.

Too late? This build-off goes till March 1st...
Do you think you may need more time than that?

If we push the deadline much further we might start interrupting peoples preparations for the big build-off...

Luke.

Last edited:
I think I will be ok as soon as we get the holidays over. Just can't seem to get on it with all the family stuff going on right now. I agree pushing it may be a conflict with the big build off.

Not meaning to downgrade this build, but the annual RRBO is quite big (numbers wise) compared to this one. I'm sure there is just as much talent & creativity, just not as many builders. I build because I like to, not because I want to win. I watch the builds because I learn from them. Doesn't matter to me what kind of build. Muscle bikes, rat bikes, custom bikes, big bikes, little bikes & even girls bikes & tricycles. I just like them all!

I'm in. "Anything goes" Moto boardtracker with a possible "Electric Merkel" twist. We'll see what the budget says. "Rat Trap DeLuxe" So named after the planned springer and pedals and the general style of the build.
Hey everyone. I'm a professional photographer and fine artist that hails from G.R. MI. Currently 18 degrees F. Feels like 5. Super storm is hitting us and going to feel like -33 in a couple of days. Gotta flare for the Nouveau period and a love for design. Time to build.

Latest posts

Back