Winter is coming, is your bike ready?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Mine is!

i-see-what-you-did-there-19.jpg

Mine's ready. It's hanging in the basement all nice and cozy warm and dry until spring. :wink: Gary

Mine is hanging on the garage wall. It's a KHS full suspension with nokian studded tires. Ready to lift off the hook.

Will be, as soon as we get some snow. I hope we get a lot this year, I went skiing only twice last year.

ohyoubetcha.jpg

Nokian Mount and Ground studded tires.

iam not ready :S i kinda get bored to buy tones of parts to replace the "Stuck in the rusted" ones after each winter ,and iam traumatized by the damage my studded tires did to my leg 2years ago
136 perforating screws per tire sticking 1/8" out made for ice racing ... yeah..killer tires!(the wrong way)

I have ridden this the last few winters, but I recently sold it. So I am building a new bike that might get these studded tires once in a while.

IMAG0264.jpg

I've thought about making some studded tires, but with the chance of snow about every 3rd year, it's not worth the effort.

I tend to be a fair weather rider, but none of my bikes are so special that I wouldn't take them out in any weather. Bikes are for riding.

If we end up actually having a winter in Savannah, I guess I could swap out my water ski for a snowboard?

IMG_4869.jpg

I just had my front tire on my diamondback mountain bike submit to dry rot and had a spot of tube bulge so I had to swap out the tire anyway so I took the opportunity to put my winter tires on and added my rear rack so water splashing up will be blocked by the rack and not give you a skunk stripe. If I get the other bike I'm trying to get now (wont say what it is don't want to jinx it) then ill put some new knobbies on it.

Bigdaddy772 said:
I'm ready!!!
C5B75915-E923-44D5-AA7B-DF1E9950D790-12475-00000BBD7F92C9E3.jpg

So glad we don't have that kind of weather.......You guys are troopers to live like that!!!

Bad ... bike homie!!

Rey's pinche iPhone

Oh heck yes! I am ready to make the switch from triple digits to those chilly 70's! :roll: And cant wait to gather the last few parts for another 62 Typhoonie build :mrgreen: Tough winter weather here I know, but somebody has to brave it! :p Later & PEACE!!!!!

i am now :) purchase this for 50 and instal studded tires
DSCN4866.jpg

DSCN4867.jpg

and these are the home made ones that eat my leg few year ago :?
DSCN4869.jpg

Latest posts

Back