won a free 3 month bike locker today in a raffle

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well made the ride on my bike to the first downtown after 5- in asheville every month we have a street fest called Down Town After 5 with live music and all that jazz, parked my bike in the bike parking area, It is a free place to park your bike during the event,
p1010687.jpg

entered my name into a raffle and won, I won 3 month free bike parking in downtown asheville in the new bike lockers that they have around town.
bike-lockers.jpg

this is a sign for me to strive not to drive my car for the next 3 month around town,
I wonder how many bike I can fit in one of them boxes?

he collaboration has resulted in steps from turning street-level storm grates so that they don’t hamper bikes to painting bike symbols on the asphalt at select traffic lights so bikers will know where they can stand to activate sensors that change a red light green.
Requests by bicycle commuters also resulted in the installation of bike lockers in four locations downtown: parking decks at the Civic Center, Rankin Avenue and Wall Street, as well as the alcove between Haywood Street and the Rankin parking deck. Each locker is divided into two storage spaces that can be rented for $10 a month. The lockers provide added security, room to store gear like helmets, and also keep seats dry in wet weather. In addition, there are extra bike racks in each parking deck to provide a free, dry place to leave bikes.

banana seat Brian said:
. . . bike symbols on the asphalt at select traffic lights so bikers will know where they can stand to activate sensors that change a red light green.
That sounds really cool . . . have you had the opportunity to try them out yet?

i like both those ideas. sometimes even on my big motorcycle i can do my best to stop right over the sensors and i can't trip the light.

how much are those lockers normally? wonder if they'll fit a stretch. i've sometimes thought about looking into finding one of those u-store-it type places as close to downtown and/or the trendy part of town (just a bit east of downtown) as i could get and just getting one big enough to hold a couple of bikes, but i eventually got a truck and it seemed like an un-nesessary bill to have anyway (and i never noticed a storage place in that area anyway).

Latest posts

Back