Wooden grips

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm building a vintage style 20-30's road/track bike and looking for some wood grips. I've looked around on eBay and the closest thing I found was a foam grip with a wood grain on it. Basically like this.
stadion5.jpg

I checked Memory Lane but they didn't have any pictures of the ones they have and I'm guessing their's are just the same as the ebay foam wood grain grips. Any ideas or suggestions?

The top link is the ones I see the most and $50 bucks is a bit too much. I think they were also made from celluloid also when they changed from wood later on.

yeah most of the real wood grips seem to be pricey ... i havent had the need for them myself so there may be something in between the two that would work, just havent found them yet.

get a chunk of your choice wood, and take it to a place with a lathe, and shape to your hearts desire. :D

That's the thing. The ones I'm looking for aren't completely wood and I don't really want anything with any type of company branding. If all else fails I'll just go with some cloth tape. I just don't want anything that looks modern. The newer wood grips mostly have aluminum locking rings and usually have hex bolts.

Find yourself a local wood working club. Usually a bunch of older retired guys. I am sure one of them would do it for you out of any kind of wood you want.

Latest posts

Back