Woody

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I drove a couple hours after work in January 2018 for this Worksman. I handed the guy $60 and brought it home where it sat since. My initial intention was to build an ice cream cart. The more I thought about it I decided to go a more creative route. I won’t win any races with this but it will look good.

9CD925FC-6AED-40C7-97B9-DFD8145AE6FE.jpeg
ACC6BF16-7B21-48A4-BC8A-65647216003E.jpeg
50F3AB94-4AD9-4846-BB47-98DBA21D349F.jpeg
3E946475-D4DD-4732-8FE2-BD2E6ED3E19D.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I got one a few years ago. We made it into a bookmobile. Wood cabinetry that folds out so the books can be put on display. donated it to the local friends of the local library. It was painted to match their logos and other vehicles.

So many options with a bike like this .
I can see my self selling ice cream on the beach with that thing [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My brother spent a summer trying to sell ice cream from an antique Acorn brand ice cream pedal trike. Some lessons. You can't keep ice cream cold enough with ice, you have to use dry ice. That's a daily expense. He could not sell in any parks in town as the golf course vendor (club house sales) had an exclusive contract with the city that covered all city owned parks even though they only had interest in golf courses. My brother still needed a city permit to sell on the streets and sidewalks, another minor expense. He had to track down suppliers for ice cream and dry ice so he could resupply every day.

IMO, designer coffees or smoothies or other cold drinks would be an easier gig to manage. How about a charcoal grill and brats with a cooler for cold drinks for mobile picnics.

I have another Worksman Front Loader U in very good condition that needs a home.... (it's in Iowa)

I drove a couple hours after work in January 2018 for this Worksman. I handed the guy $60 and brought it home where it sat since. My initial intention was to build an ice cream cart. The more I thought about it I decided to go a more creative route. I won’t win any races with this but it will look good.
Very cool! Welcome aboard!

I went in and made your pics bigger.
In the future you can click the "Full Size" button and they will show up big enough to see easy.

View attachment 93950 View attachment 93951 View attachment 93952 View attachment 93953
huge Worksman fan. $60 is a steal. Even if you did have to drive 2 hours.
I turned this old Worksman into a sauce bike. Fun project.

91961C87-AFF9-4774-904E-667CC661F606.jpeg
C376722E-B448-4DD8-8304-B4EAE7B0C532.jpeg

So, @ratttrike , you follow wings vendors around and supply the sauce at events / gatherings? :grin:

Well designed and built trike!

So, @ratttrike , you follow wings vendors around and supply the sauce at events / gatherings? :grin:

Well designed and built trike!

Sort of. I work for a franchise group that owns some BDubs on the east coast. Great marketing piece. Wish it were my full time job[emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That banana seat sure looks good on it. Have you considered some fat tires and simple steel fenders to go with them?

A63262D0-5E99-4D64-8C6D-9F7709296B50.jpeg
707DC205-4651-4822-BCDB-988B3E9E78C0.jpeg
I haven’t gave up on this yet. This build started as I was starting a kitchen remodel. Another short three to five years that should be done.

I have been focused on fenders for this. I want that 40’s or 50’s woody look and if the fenders are not right I don’t think I will have it. I thought about fiberglass but I don’t have the time to figure that out. I had a friend suggest PVC pipe heated and bent to shape. As you can see in the picture, it was a good idea in theory.

I have searched and searched online, flea markets and antique stores for something to repurpose. The “perfect” fender was in the basement. As I was carrying her sewing machine case into the garage, my wife asked what are you doing. I told her I needed it for my bike. She said she didn’t want me to use it. Not a solid no but after consideration I determined it may be best to order a couple from JoAnn Fabric. So in 7-10 days they should be here and hopefully I have a whole kitchen.

Wives are like that. They never approve of their stuff getting used for a bike project. So, just wait until they aren't looking and sneak their things into the garage for cutting up or destruction. I cut the bottom out of a brass planter, covered the hole with cardboard, and snuck it back into the house. No one was the wiser and I had a backing plate for my chain wheel.

2yl8z9g.jpg

Latest posts

Back