(Working Title)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok, I´ll get aboard and give it a try.

I`m not at all sure I can finish this task in time (or at all) but we´ll see soon enough.
It´s called "Working Title" for now but it may change during the trip, if I can figure out a better name.

Anyway, there is one main idea.
All parts are from scrapped ladies bikes that I´ve collected, without the exception of some new bearings and chain.

Today it´s mostly in this box (and table) of broken parts, but maybe one day...

Attachments

• projekti.jpg
    projekti.jpg
    423.3 KB · Views: 185
  • projekti2.jpg
    projekti2.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:
Lol had something similar this week, but less ouch, more gross. Under my car in the driveway, pouring rain, working on the muffler. Big rusty drop of muddy water, right in my ear hole! Sometimes, too many bikes is a problem!
Can't believe I posted those words...

Lol had something similar this week, but less ouch, more gross. Under my car in the driveway, pouring rain, working on the muffler. Big rusty drop of muddy water, right in my ear hole! Sometimes, too many bikes is a problem!
Can't believe I posted those words...
Are u from Finland?
Matti is very finnish name.

Working title.jpg
Here it is today.
Not ready but you get the idea.
To keep it in lines with the competition rules I need to change the front tire and saddle, at least.

And what ever I said earlier, there may be parts from something else than ladies bikes...
Working title-3.jpg

Last edited:
El C, welcome aboard! When you upload your photos to your build thread, always choose "Full Image" , that way they will post as a full photo and not the thumbnail images you now have. That will keep us from having to individually click on each thumbnail to see it in full size.

Looks like you've got some creative ideas here!

RaT oN~!

El C, welcome aboard! When you upload your photos to your build thread, always choose "Full Image" , that way they will post as a full photo and not the thumbnail images you now have. That will keep us from having to individually click on each thumbnail to see it in full size.

Looks like you've got some creative ideas here!

RaT oN~!
Done!

No planning per se.
Just a few beers and mocking up with random parts lying around my shed.
All parts are (at this point, anyway) from ols bikes, nothing new here.

No planning, even better.

Just my 1 cent (I'm too broke for 2 cents), I would switch this to class two, I can't see apes, or a banana seat making this look better than what you have now.

No planning, even better.

Just my 1 cent (I'm too broke for 2 cents), I would switch this to class two, I can't see apes, or a banana seat making this look better than what you have now.
Front wheel is easy to shrink and those bars are already kinda apes (okay, baby apes maybe). That´s enough, right? :bigsmile:

Are u from Finland?
Matti is very finnish name.
Nope, Canadian boy, born and raised. Both parents were from close to Norway though; Northern Netherlands, and my wife's family traces some of their line back to Norway. "Oof da!"
Matti is short form of Matthew, anglicized version of Mathias. Or something like that.
I am excited about your build, this frame is what the buildoff needs to shake up all this muscle bike monotony. I love way the ummmm... downtube? And toptube wrap around the ummmm... front seatpost? Very original!

Front wheel is easy to shrink and those bars are already kinda apes (okay, baby apes maybe). That´s enough, right? :bigsmile:
To be honest, I love the overall look of this so far that I didn't notice the bars are laid back. I can't wait to see where this goes.

It would be nice to hear from the jury if this build qualifies. If it doesn´t, I´ll take it off from this thread and put it to other builds.
After all, there will be 2 out of 3; apes & bigger rear wheel.

If it's up to me, you're in, but I'm no jury! I'm more used to the other side of the courtroom! As I see it, if the bars meet the definition of apes, you're good to go. I'm not a muscle bike guy, so all the rules bother me a bit, this build has too much promise to be sidelined by a little thing like categorization.

It would be nice to hear from the jury if this build qualifies. If it doesn´t, I´ll take it off from this thread and put it to other builds.
After all, there will be 2 out of 3; apes & bigger rear wheel.
I hope my comments didn't make you think this. I'm new here but you do meet the requirements that I can see. Like I said, I was so taken by the overall design that I never noticed you had the correct bars for class 1. I assumed (big mistake) that you were going to add tall bars or a banana seat later down the build. I think it's perfect just as it is.

If it's up to me, you're in, but I'm no jury! I'm more used to the other side of the courtroom! As I see it, if the bars meet the definition of apes, you're good to go. I'm not a muscle bike guy, so all the rules bother me a bit, this build has too much promise to be sidelined by a little thing like categorization.
As I said in an other thread, I´m also not a muscle bike kind of guy but the timing was right. Also, I´ve never attended to a competition, so here I go.

I hope my comments didn't make you think this. I'm new here but you do meet the requirements that I can see. Like I said, I was so taken by the overall design that I never noticed you had the correct bars for class 1. I assumed (big mistake) that you were going to add tall bars or a banana seat later down the build. I think it's perfect just as it is.
All´s good, no worries.
I`m making this bike like I want it to be, what so ever. If it meets the rules, good thing.

Latest posts

Back