world earth z

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wassup with this zombie?

Carl.

sent from a phonebooth...
I have been working every day lately, looking for a day this weekend to start digging for parts and weld a few defense items together... will make some time by Monday for sure. [emoji605]

I got some more "parts" in for the zombie...
7bbb64abb1ad72bd6f87bc5b837f5ad6.jpg

Carl.

I've got my brakes figured out. The bridge that originally held the kickstand will work, I just need to fab a square washer with a smaller hole. I also started drilling out the old BB for the seat post to go thru. Paint soon... bone white.

Carl.

I think a frame change is in store for me.
I bought a worksman frame from Chuck, then decided to go a different route with what I had planned.
That frame showed up yesterday, so I think I'll use it for this build.... when I get a day off work.

The handlebars I got from KF have this little tab.
cb20b405d2f00daf5f43c7088698b6dc.jpg

So I bought the stem that was on the same bike.
91a4c38d268da484bee7a8052530e8ba.jpg

It doesn't fit in the steer tube...
This is the zombie apocalypse, I will prevail.

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

I put on a fork from a heavy duti and the transit bike stem kinda fits.
bef5a746d59914d8ba1768962ec6fdf1.jpg

Don't know if you can see that, But there's a gap there. I'll have to shim it, or find a different stem.

This is how she sits now.
29e1749bfa80f64b4100ee17d72f9845.jpg

I put on a fork from a heavy duti and the transit bike stem kinda fits.
bef5a746d59914d8ba1768962ec6fdf1.jpg

Don't know if you can see that, But there's a gap there. I'll have to shim it, or find a different stem.

This is how she sits now.
29e1749bfa80f64b4100ee17d72f9845.jpg

Try a different fork nut ... they have different sizes of holes to fit their own stems but threads are the same.

Carl.

1417d356a621311eadac8d0b70345fb6.jpg

Another mockup. Have a banana in the attic i want to try, else this weird polo will work. I need long bars with this frame and will cut the gray pair right down the middle and weld extensions on. More to come soon, I hope.

I might not be working this weekend, gotta ride one day, then maybe get this zombie chaser rolling again.

I've started on the bone color...
Salvaged a nice ratty honey brown seat and matching grips. Because zombies need to look good too.
c498f6316cd4bc88e3cc59374ae2512d.jpg

I think Merle is hiding, and I can't find my big wrench anywhere...

Carl.

sent from a crowded phonebooth...

I've started on the bone color...
Salvaged a nice ratty honey brown seat and matching grips. Because zombies need to look good too.
c498f6316cd4bc88e3cc59374ae2512d.jpg

I think Merle is hiding, and I can't find my big wrench anywhere...

Carl.

Did you paint the bars? If so we're they chrome? How do you prep the bars for paint?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

haha, I did paint them...but the only prep I did was wire brush because they were so rusty. I did flex and torque on them some to check for weaknesses. If I wanted to paint a set I'd buy a black set and prime them first...

Carl.

Latest posts

Back