Worlds Slowest Indian briggs powered

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This bike has been put on the backburner but hought id share anyway. Its a mountain bike i cut up but far from happy with it at present. The alloy tube for the tank i cut before i stretched the frame so i need to do another (get it for free from work). Im not happy with the bend of the down tube. It needs to follow the wheel more. We stretched the rear a little and i think i will return it to original to make the seat closer to the rear wheel. I have a Sturmey archer front drum laced to double wall mountain bike rims and the h/d rear hubs sold on Ebay for the chineses kits so the sprocket isnt mounted to the spokes. I have a Bell seat that closely matches the seat. I have the Indian headbadge and Indian decals for the tank i will make. I have a 3HP Briggs and Stratton to put in it. I am having the fins on the flywheel machined off and will have to work out some Jackshaft setup. Dunno when i will get to this as i need th fix the frame first....
P3110066.jpg

P3110062.jpg

P3110061.jpg

Some other goodies for the project: longer alloy tube to make a tank from (free from work :D ), bell seat, Indian headbadge, fuel filter, forks (may or may not use), fuel cap, wheels, and rear guard (needs painting and modifying).
P3110069.jpg

P3110074.jpg

P3110070.jpg

you might want to consider disc brakes if you want to stop that thing.

While I agree disc brakes would be advisable to stop, but would not suit the build. I've seen many builds with bigger motors and never had disc brakes. It's obviously not something I would ride on a daily basis. So I'm hoping drum brakes front and rear will be enough to avoid serious injury :)

Here is a mikuni carb i may be able to use? Also some brass pumps i have collected. I will use the small one in the single picture mounted above the tank.
P3130109.jpg

P3130108.jpg

P3130107.jpg

P3130105.jpg

P3130104.jpg

To the best of my knowledge its a Bell female bike seat. I saw it on EBay and thought that it looked like a BTR seat. Ive seen a couple since but both had a large floral design (mine is plain), that looked cool (maybe not for every project). I bid on them both but both went for way more then i was willing to pay. When i got the seat it was rather worn looking but i rubbed in Neatsfoot oil and it came up a treat.

And i have the Indian decals off EBay and i went to a sticker shop and got small stickers made in black that read "The Worlds Slowest" and will place them above the "Indian" decal. I sat the stickers together and it looks quite good.

Maybe a tiny "Burt Munroe Special" sticker placed somewhere like on one of the tubes would be cool......

Havent decide if i will use the two Sturmey Archer 3 speed twist shifts (one modified to throttle) and vintage brake levers or use these bar end levers and thumb throttle from a stationary engine. I like the look of the SA but also dig the bar end levers....
P3130122.jpg

I threw some old moutain bike tyres (i was originally going to go white) i had on the rims i laced up for mockup.....
I dont plan on using that centre stand, i will eventually make my own.
P3230137.jpg

P3230140.jpg

P3230139.jpg

P3230138.jpg

I got some scrap pipe and had another go (my 2nd try at bending pipe) at bending the downtube, and while its far from perfect, i think its good enough. I just need to cut it to size then i need to load up the bike to go to my brothers to use his welder (i really must get one). Dont know if you can tell if the new downtube is better as i only ziptied it on for a photo and its hard to see. So if it doesnt look right feel free to say so before i weld it in.
I also took a pic of the alloy pipe i get free from work. I have used it for my tank. Its 100mm (4") diametre and has 3mm thick wall and comes in a 3.4m (11.15ft) lengths. And they only use it to wrap a fabric around in the delivery box then discard it so i get it for free :D . It seems such a waste but to my benefit. I also get this copper (?) flat stock in 3.4m lenghts by 100mm and 3mm thickness that i will somehow try and use in the build. I used this copper to make a coil cover for my 66cc Kroon.
P3230142.jpg

P3230141.jpg

P3230143.jpg

P3230144.jpg

I am just starting my boardtracker build, but I am likely using an engine identical to yours. I'm not going to bother shaving the fins though. Just going to modify the carb and relocate the gas tank. I'll definitely be watching your build for ideas though.

I just couldnt not buy this when i saw it. I just picked up a Honda GX160 and im thinking ill use it on my Indian build rather then the Briggs. The motor looks a little rough but started up first pull and purred like a kitten, and had no ratlles or scary noises and was surprisingly quiet. Certainly a nicer sound then my 66cc Chinagirl.

Being in Australia we dont get (at least i couldnt find em) the clones as cheap as over in the States. I payed a lot more then i first planned to but it was still cheaper then a chinagirl kit so i guess thats not too bad.....

Picture077.jpg

Picture078.jpg

Picture068.jpg

Picture069.jpg

I stripped the motor of the shrouds. Ill give it a clean tommorrow and have a look at how ill fit it.....

Picture095.jpg

Picture093.jpg

Latest posts

Back