Worm Drink

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I converted an old Union generator light to battery/led.

by LowpowerD, on Flickr
Mini toggle added to where the old generator wire hooked up.

by LowpowerD, on Flickr
Tearing apart a cheapo flash light.

by LowpowerD, on Flickr

by LowpowerD, on Flickr
All soldered up and I didn't burn any of my fingers!

by LowpowerD, on Flickr
Battery pack fits nice and snug.

by LowpowerD, on Flickr
All buttoned up and works great!

by LowpowerD, on Flickr
I don't really like the mounting bracket. If I can fab up something better, I'll use the light.

Last edited:
Nice step by step on the light!

Thanks for the positive comments guys. Not really a "how to", I just like to take some work in progress pics so you guys know that I'm actually working on this thing. That's if I can calm down long enough to get the camera out ;)

Always remember that LEDs have polarity so it will only light up with the wires hooked up one way. With the circuit ON, touch the wires to the terminals BEFORE soldering. Just to double check!

Heck yea hot rod cycle truck. Although Ross called theirs "chain bike". It looks great think I'll go take out my 47 truck

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Heck yea hot rod cycle truck. Although Ross called theirs "chain bike". It looks great think I'll go take out my 47 truck

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
I use "cycle truck" as a generic term. There's not much info out there about Ross bikes, so your best guess is probably as good as mine.
If I remember right, your's is flat black with green pin striping and a spiderweb welded into the frame? It's the only other one of these that I've ever heard of or seen! A rare bike and I hope I can do it justice...

by LowpowerD, on Flickr

Another crudy basement pic, but it's coming along. As soon as I hammer out some of the finer details I'll be able to take some nice outside photos

I had to mix and match parts from two different sets of Torrington 10s to get a properly functioning set.

by LowpowerD, on Flickr

I ended up using this boring off the shelf headlight mount. I feel like I needed the height it provided to project over the basket and what ever's in it.

by LowpowerD, on Flickr

Found some cool glass reflectors for the fenders.

by LowpowerD, on Flickr

And got the basket board mounted.

by LowpowerD, on Flickr

Almost ready for a shake down run!

My cycle truck Flat Tracker was a blast to build....long length of neck tube worked to the credit of the build...wasn't sure at first. Good luck on your build...looking forward to seeing it... tell me more about the spokes...where u get them from and all....I have two simplex mc rims for my next build ad I need to lace them up...don't know where to start???? Thanks!

I converted an old Union generator light to battery/led.

by LowpowerD, on Flickr
Mini toggle added to where the old generator wire hooked up.

by LowpowerD, on Flickr
Tearing apart a cheapo flash light.

by LowpowerD, on Flickr

by LowpowerD, on Flickr
All soldered up and I didn't burn any of my fingers!

by LowpowerD, on Flickr
Battery pack fits nice and snug.

by LowpowerD, on Flickr
All buttoned up and works great!

by LowpowerD, on Flickr
I don't really like the mounting bracket. If I can fab up something better, I'll use the light.
Thanks LowpowerD! I now have a light that will work!

Glad to be of service! The BO is always a great source of inspiration. If you haven't seen kingfish's build, you should check that out. He did a sealed beam/LED conversion! Awesome stuff.
you mean his ridiculously cool star light? yeah… he makes me sick;) lol. ( and I mean that in the most respectful and complimentary way )

Last edited:
you mean his ridiculously cool star light? yeah… he makes me sick;) lol. ( and I mean that in the most respectful and complimentary way )

No need to be a hater! :p
Sweet work on your light and the rest of the bike man! I REALLY like those glass reflectors. Those would look awesome electrified!

Calling it done. I never got around to making some tank plate hangers...I'll save that for another day. BIG THANKS to everyone that followed my build...
See ya on the road :D

Latest posts

Back