Would You Be Mad If...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that happens at my house alot "its all good" as long as they dont come back with taco'd wheels and they can only use the bikes if they bring
their own helmet. I build the bikes for the kids anyhow and my daughter has quite a few for her and her friends to ride.
I dont know why but for some reason they won't ride the pink ones :roll:

I ran into a customer of mine last summer (owns a ford dealership). i asked about the new GT40, he says, "yeah i've got one over in the hanger, only 13 miles on it, you should come by and take a look at it sometime.." i replied,"Dennis, they're no fun to look at" :wink: ..

I would pull the pedals off anything you dont want ridden.

Just be glad you didn't have one of these in the garage...ha ha.

2009%20Corvette%20ZR1%20Official.jpg

I'd be upset for about 3 seconds then it would be over. After it's done, it's done and you can't change it. Let it be a lesson to you to tell her to ask, and a lesson to her to know to ask.
Look at the bright side. Some diehard Schwinn guy somewhere probably saw them riding it and he cringed each time the pedals made a 380 more than you did just thinking about it. He'll probably never be the same and you still have your sanity. I think that's the bright side. Sounds good. Tell me to shut up anytime you want too.

Looks like they used the kickstands...my son would have just layed them down on they're sides. :(
All I can say is... I bet they had more fun riding those bikes than most of us would have had. We would have been worried about rocks flying up and scratching something, or the possiblity of a piece of road glass sticking in the front tire and ruining our NOS goodyear wingfoot. I bet they laughed the whole time and had a great ride... just like when we were 16. :wink:

It seems like at least once aweek I come home to that, it only bugs me that the kids dont put them away... there "was" one that they all fought over and wanted to ride its my rat columbia no real money in it but has a rusty springer and apes so they like to take it out, last friday when I got home it was leaning on the fence in the alley, again.... so since they have been warned I now have a set of apes and a rusty springer ready for the next project... (Plus I really wanted the wheels so I could start on my Tandem) it makes me mad when they dont ask but I ignore that since I really believe its way better then them sitting around play'n video games and drinking pop all day, but follow the rules and park them in the Biker Bar when your done!

Idk.. ida been a little mad, but not really.. I mean they are bikes, sure collectable and worth money, BUT ALL BIKES MUST BE RIDDEN. I hate when beautiful bikes sit in storage or on display for ppl to look at.. they need 2 be ridden on. :D

Fireproof said:
Hey BankerRAt, for some reason, "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" came to mind. You don't have a '61 Ferrari 250 GT by any chance or is that what you were driving when you went out of town? :lol:
Ya beat me to it , but here's what I foundhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MxPoxxt7n0

I would be rip; I would be spitting nails angry. Not too much at their being ridden (they look like they were cared for and certainly not abused) but at the fact that they weren't put back. They'd have been stolen in my town, no doubts in my mind. :shock: You have a lot more patience than I'll ever have! :lol:

IMG_8403.jpg

Dude...That Spaceliner... :shock: My boy is 7...I'd tickled to DEATH if he was as passionate as I was about old bikes and just riddin' ...He's a talented builder-Lego's, Kennex...And has an artistic eye: drawing...If he'll just catch the "bike bug"... :mrgreen:

I bet they looked like te Coolest Kid's in town

Personaly I'd give them all an A+from what I see ..... Kickstands , Nice seperation on the parking .... Good Job Dad......

So how long did it t6ake ya to catch your breath & Smile ........

Latest posts

Back