Would you buy this for $75?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Just so Clothespin "n" doesn't feel alone :lol: ....

Found this on CL locally and they were asking $100, but after a week of no bites they said they would take $75.

Maybe I could wait another week and offer $50. :mrgreen:

I don't know...just kickin' around ideas.

murray.jpg

Sounds kind of steep to me. Unless you're wanting a bike right now I'm sure something like this would turn up cheaper elsewhere. A friend of mine came across 2 similar Murray's cheap at a garage/estate sale. One a Monterey and the other a Del-Ray. If I recall correctly he scavenged a few parts and then gave them to me. Here's what I did with one of them http://locojoe.com/bikeblog/pages/frankenbike.html
The other I gave away.

80s/90s cruiser, not worth $60!!

I have the exact same bike in the fleet here. Except for dry rotted tires it was pretty much new when I got it.

A lady that goes to our church in the nicer months (she winters in Florida) gave it to me. It was her late husbands, he purchased it, rode it down the driveway once and crashed it .She made him park it (I believe he was in his 70's at the time). He passed away shortly after that. It was ever ridden again until we got it.

It is a good platform to start with. I have had mine in several configurations:

24x3 rear with apes and front brakes only.

20x3 front and rear with suspension fork.

26x2.5 Hookworms front and rear with suspension fork and drag bars (Current set up).

I was thinking of swapping on a springer and banana seat combo next.

I would definitely pursue it, but I think $75 is kinda steep.

Latest posts

Back