wrights leather seat

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so i got a Wrights leather saddle at a swap meet a while back and its super stiff cuz it was never ridden. so its in great shape. but it hurts the crap outta my butt! ive got it on my mountain bike right now. i know that leather saddles like that are really comfy once there properly worn in. so my question is......

is there any way to speed up the wearing in process so it can stop hurting the crap outta my butt! besides just quit being a girl and just ride on it and suck it up?

thanks fellow rats.......

Easy E

You can use some Brooks Proofhide, Neatsfeet oil or any boot grease you may have. Rub a little on the bottom and then a coat on top. Then lots of riding. Reapply after a week or so. Then you should be set.

I've heard of people who beat on it with a wooden handle after adding the lubricant to it. My B72 was the same way, taking too long to break in. Then my brother did me a favor and dropped it in a bucket of water! That's wrong! So I made sure it dried out slowly, then added plenty of lubricant (hand lotion) to get it good again. It was fine after being in the bucket of water, but you should nbever drop your saddle in water like that.

I figured skin lotion is safe for our skin, so it should work for leather. I apply it to the underside also, never had any problems and the seat is holding up well after 20 years.

2zq7vki.jpg

If the leather's in good shape, I just ride some more.

If the leather's dry and cracked, some grease (any of the previously mentioned products) will make a world of difference. Then ride the heck out of it. Heads up, anything you apply to the top will, to some extent, rub off on your shorts.

EDIT: I don't like auto sensor.

Latest posts

Back