WTP Avenger for one of the kids

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JA331

Ride it like you stole it.
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was cleaning up at at work today with my eldest daughter. She spotted the avenger frame i pulled out the other day and asked If i could build her a bike as she's out grown her 20" wheel bike and her new bike isn't arriving for another 2 months. She's 10 but tall for her age and its a perfect fit. 3 speed nexus rear hub. Most of the trick parts I have used on other bikes. Forks aren't too pretty, off a chinese Schwinn. fitted a canti brake on the rear only as the front was way too powerful.
IMG_5708 (003).jpg
IMG_5714 (003).jpg
IMG_5714 (003).jpg

Yeah man, I like it. Those v brakes are pretty powerful, my BMX cruiser has only one, and it's plenty! I'm wondering, since you aren't using them, could you smooth out the fork a bit by removing the brake posts? Sometimes, they are threaded into the fork.

Thanks mate. The brake bosses are welded into the fork and i didnt want to grind them off as they belong to a canti frame. I later found the candy red fork from my 68 typhoon and it would fit and be a nice match in color but it appears to have a slight backward bend. There seems to be sonething going at the bottom of the steerer but doesnt correspond to the backwards bend. I’m wondering if it was made that way. I’ll upload some pics tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back