X-ray - Finished

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: X-ray

I think I am going to be giving this bike to my nephew in May for his birthday. I gave one of his brother a black friday Stingray for his birthday and I gave his other brother a 2005 OCC stingray for his birthday. So I figured it would be fitting to give him this one for his birthday.
The only thing is that he is really in to skateboarding, so I am going to try to figure out how to build a skateboard mount on the handlebars. Any suggestions on how to do this? I think I am going to put this board on it.
ebcf_1_sbl.JPG

sensor said:
the way i used to do it was just slide the trucks over the handle bars and itd wedge its self on. doest require any mods at all :wink:

I didn't even think about that. I'll have to go ahead and order the board and try that!

when you are sitting on this bike the center of gravity is so far back, i decided to make it a Wheelie Bike. I started mocking up the Wheelie bar tonight. I still need to add some angled struts. it should be fun to ride.

2328522402_5b6f81fbfa_b.jpg

Re: X-ray - Update - 3/12/08

now id have someone light ride it with the wheelie bar first(i dont think the sissy bar tubing is very strong)i recall along time ago i bent one by hand to make "exhaust tips" :roll: so it may fold with some weight on it

I've decided to scrap the wheelie bar. Too much could go wrong with it.

I did get the brake all fixed up. Replaced the pad and ran a new line to the front. need to take some pics.

awwwwwwww :cry: should still use the wheelie bar! just use a stronger tubing........know anyone whith an oxy/acetaline setup and something round to wrap it around? its a to good of a idea to let it go :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back