X

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool! It's too hot to work on stuff right now. We need ice cream. :D

Here in New Zealand, it's so cold at the moment that I scream... :arghh:

:mad: I hate the cold... and I live in the warmest part of the country.:confused:

I know, I know, you guys get minus bajillion degrees in some northern parts... but I've heard some foreign folk say that our cold is worse. So there! :p

Bike's looking good, Pick. :whistle:

Glen.

Thanks Glen! Around here we gripe about the heat in the summer & the cold in the winter, just like you all do I'd love to visit New Zealand some time! (in the warmer months):D

I've never paid close attention to how to best connect two fenders without worrying about gouging the tire. I'll be watching.
Love the look of this one!

I've never paid close attention to how to best connect two fenders without worrying about gouging the tire. I'll be watching.
Love the look of this one!

rivets, duct tape, bailing wire, scotch tape, bubble gum? Clearance will definitely be an issue. I'll figure out something.

How about using a backer piece the same shape as the fender and using epoxy or auto body adhesive to glue it behind the seam? If you rough up the backsides so it grabs well it'll be stronger than the fender... Just make sure you don't have any high spots in the glue area before you glue it together because you aren't gonna get them out after.

Ehhh...HEY SLACKER WHAT YA DOING!!
0a863a8fccb70e7eacb49ec7de240739.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

My biggest problem lately is the heat. Since I work 9 to 10 hours 5 days a week outside all day, it's very difficult to get anything done lately. I try to get my yard work done on weekends starting early in the morning. By the time I'm done with that it's already in the mid to upper 90's.

Today I decided I needed to get back on the project, so.......I headed out to the shop. A 30x50 metal building. This was the temp outside:

Opened up the door to a wave of heat:

So, I had this infra-red thermometer I use powder coating & shot it up at the roof from the inside of the building:

Shut the door & headed back to the house for a cold beverage. Praying for cooler weather to finish or I will just have to stick with the Winter Build Off!

No worries brother. I haven't even started building yet. I'll do it on Friday. You coming out to the car show Saturday? It's probably going to be hot! So I'll probably go after dinner or after dark.

Whoa! We have been having 110 heat index days with high humidity, but I was lucky this weekend wasn't so bad. Good luck!

No worries brother. I haven't even started building yet. I'll do it on Friday. You coming out to the car show Saturday? It's probably going to be hot! So I'll probably go after dinner or after dark.

After dark with a BIG cooler!

Latest posts

Back