YAMAHA MOTO-BIKE J60 & KAWASAKI BX200 vs TOXIC MTX plus MONO SHOCK

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The best & easiest way to build a launch ramp is, to nail plywood to a 12 ft wooden ladder. Then, paint a line down the middle. It's a breeze to carry & haul around. I did have some jump pics in a small photo album. But, it got left in the attic while moving. And, forgotten for years... ARGH !!!

My Yamha was purchased as a complete survivor. My camera was broken at that time. And, the bike was at this point when I bought a new one. I tried customizing it in yellow. But' I could'nt relate to it... And, over time it evolved into the bike that I rode and loved as a child. "That's all that matters to Me"

The End

Last edited:
My Kawasaki was also a complete survivor. But, was pillaged in the pursuit of building my childhood Yamaha. Then, was completely rebuilt using ideas from various Japanese Toxic MTX owners simular modifications.

"Anybody Wanna Buy a Silver Sparkle BX200 Seat?" LoL

Last edited:
"3,789 Views & 3 Friends"

I know the purist dislike this but I really like the changes. Shiny new

Thank You Clancy, That means so much to me. I feel like everyone is against me. For reliving MY past, and living MY present & future...

Last edited:
Last edited:
I must not like myself too much...

As long as you're happy with the end result and it brings you joy that is all that matters. When we choose to modify things or do things differently than main stream and share it online it leaves us open to all sorts of feedback. Sadly quite a bit of that online feedback can be hurtful. It's easy for people to sit behind a keyboard or touch screen rather anonymously and be unkind, or sometimes downright cruel. In the many years I've been online I've had to develop thicker skin. It's tough being your own person and putting yourself out there.

As long as you're happy with the end result and it brings you joy that is all that matters. When we choose to modify things or do things differently than main stream and share it online it leaves us open to all sorts of feedback. Sadly quite a bit of that online feedback can be hurtful. It's easy for people to sit behind a keyboard or touch screen rather anonymously and be unkind, or sometimes downright cruel. In the many years I've been online I've had to develop thicker skin. It's tough being your own person and putting yourself out there.

Thanks, Nobody is really bothering me online. It's just knowing that over 3,000 people have viewed my post. And, only a select few open minded people have been positive about what I have done & am doing. I'd rather get into a heated discussion than to be ignored. I think enough time has past and, that there are enough of these types of bikes out there. For a few to be modified as mine are. Or, even better than that! It's high time the "Do Not Tamper With" Signs be removed. For they surely will be upon our passing...

Last edited:
Buy it and do it! I want to see that happen!

Luke.

"I Think I Will"

But, that ones got a hole in the frame.
I'm looking at another one right now...

"Can I put the Hijacker Rabbit stickers on it too?" lol

Thanks... Nobody is really bothering me online. It's just knowing that over 3,000 people have viewed my post. And, only a select few open minded people have been positive about what I have done & am doing. I'd rather get into a heated discussion than to be ignored. I think enough time has past and, that there are enough of these types of bikes out there. For a few to be modified as mine are. Or, even better than that! It's high time the "Do Not Tamper With" Signs be removed. For they surely will be upon are passing...
Don't worry about views verses comments, that is the case with any thread, some threads with only one or two posts can have 10,000 views or more, that's just the way it goes some times.

Luke.

Well... "Maybe it was for the best". After much thought. I realized that, if I put too much air in the shock. It would bend the frame. Even with just a little air it would push against the frame. Until sat on and, then hit it on every bump. That's a lot of problems I don't wish to deal with in reality. But, Man those Hijacker Rabbit decals sure would have looked good on it! lol
"I did'nt have one growing up, I don't need one now"

Don't worry about views verses comments, that is the case with any thread, some threads with only one or two posts can have 10,000 views or more, that's just the way it goes some times.

Luke.

I guess I'm just uptight about the whole eBay thing.
Unable to sell Yamaha or Kawasaki parts anymore...

Depends on the length and mounting holes. I am not real familar with either. I would be concerned that this shock could be too stiff and cause damage to the frame.

Latest posts

Back