YAMAHA MOTO-BIKE J60 & KAWASAKI BX200 vs TOXIC MTX plus MONO SHOCK

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Toxic Kawasaki Coming Soon...

Awesome! Will you be starting a new build thread for this one?

Luke.

Nope, "I'm gonna build it on this Thread"

*The Triple Crown of Old School BMX*

Last edited:
Been up all night... tossin & turning...

My heads full of crazy ideas...

Last edited:
My brother built a huffy mono with 24" wheels. Works and looks great.

That's a Great Idea !

How's about 24" in the rear and 26" up front ?

But, I allready got a nice pair of 20" Schwinn Orange Line Knobbies.

Last edited:
"I sure hope nobody copies me"

Last edited:
"I'd like to install some kind of air or gas shock"

Last edited:
Luke.[/quote]
Awesome! Will you be starting a new build thread for this one?

Montgomery Ward Mono Shock Bike arrived today in dirty vintage survivor condition. Will take pics after I clean it up. I can't even work on it until I clean it up. But, It looks much better than in eBay pics. All original parts just dirty and, a little rusty. Nothing major other than the usual loose pivot axle. I'm gonna fix that first then, make a few minor adjustments. New tires, maybe some 10" Bmx Bars? I'm gonna leave it mostly original. It looks pretty good. But, it's grimey... May have some pics to post by tomorrow evening ? It needs a lot of cleaning & polishing.

Last edited:
Hey, Roddy. Loving those bikes. I just now saw this thread; I hadn't been ignoring it. As I se it, a lot of ppl are purists, and they think it's a "shame" to modify cool old bikes. A lot of times, I feel like that. When some guy finds an all-original bike like an ol' Yammie Moto and they change everything, and then they act perplexed when they turn around and try to sell it, and no one wants to buy it for anything more'n peanuts. That absolutely bothers me.

Yeah, as others have said and will continue to say, "it's their bike so they can do what they want with it", and that's true. Legally, they're allowed to. OTOH, legally, I'm allowed to have an opinion and I think it sux when ppl irrevocably destroy an awesome, historic bike to see if it looks cool.

Which brings me to my point: these bikes on this thread here; obviously, they're keepers. Thread's a few years old, now. Obviously, you're putting a lot of thought and planning into the builds, too. Thread's 6 pages long, now. And, obviously, you're doing this b/c you love these bikes. In short, you're not just experimenting; you're making well-thought-out mods on bikes you love & intend to keep a while. And, factory finish aside, most of the mods are reversible, should you or any future owners ever want to bring'm back to factory spec.

No way any sane person could be mad at you.

In closing, the Yamaha is hands-down the hottest bike of the 3. Looking forward to seeing what you do with that Huffy, though.

Huffy needs lots of work,
but it's coming around...

Straightened pivot but,
it still throws the chain.

"Yes, 808 it's a labor of love"
I can't hate myself this much.

Not too bad for $115.00

I like the Montgomery Wards brown version much better than the Huffy. Kind of a high class Huffy. I never really thought of Huffy as being much of a good brand name - "My Opinion"

Last edited:
That's cool. Really, it's the best way to do it.

I really don't think this is a bike that I will be riding.
Frames straight and it only throws chain when I ride.

Just scored this on eBay for my Monoshocker

"Now all I need is the Chainguard"

I'm gonna leave the Monoshock all original. Then, after I take some better pics of it and the BX200 with the new handlebars.

"This Thread Will Be Complete"

Got both bikes ready & finished, am waiting for my Tomato Garden to grow taller to take pics in front of it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back