YAMAHA MOTO-BIKE J60 & KAWASAKI BX200 vs TOXIC MTX plus MONO SHOCK

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well.. Everything seems to be comming up roses here..

Won't be adding any new pics until my tomatos get some height and, some red ripe homegrown tomatos on them.

"Will make a great background for my Kawasaki"

And, the finishing touch to this fun filled thread !

"Thanks Luke"

Tip:

If you're from my generation, watch Match Game.

"All of your bicycle memories from that era will return"

It really works! For me anyways... Try it you'll like it !

Well.. Everything seems to be comming up roses here..

Won't be adding any new pics until my tomatos get some height and, some red ripe homegrown tomatos on them.

"Will make a great background for my Kawasaki"

And, the finishing touch to this fun filled thread !

"Thanks Luke"
:thumbsup:

Luke.

Here's the very last pic of the Monoshock before I sell it.

I'm tired of looking for a chainguard...
"Can't think of any way to make it any better"

Good buy at $25 in that condition. I like the front fork, tires, and pedals you changed to. The banana seat sure makes it look different.

I have a black and yellow XR-75. Like you I don't like the stock stretched out arms or slumped forward riding position. After a short time it's painful and I'm a light weight dude. Guess I'm just getting old. Anyhow I changed the bars to some old school department store BMX types but haven't rode it since the swap because I need to switch from the knobby tires to slicker treads like you did.

Good buy at $25 in that condition. I like the front fork, tires, and pedals you changed to. The banana seat sure makes it look different.

I have a black and yellow XR-75. Like you I don't like the stock stretched out arms or slumped forward riding position. After a short time it's painful and I'm a light weight dude. Guess I'm just getting old. Anyhow I changed the bars to some old school department store BMX types but haven't rode it since the swap because I need to switch from the knobby tires to slicker treads like you did.

Maybe you should also try installing a banana seat ?
Us old guys need all the help we can get, "I'm 52"
It's easy once you know which hole to mount it to.
Took me half the day & 5 cups of coffee to find it.

"I purchased a 1500 lb shock on eBay plus it's 1" longer"

I wish mine were black & yellow.. looks like a yellow jacket.

Last edited:
The front bracket for the frame shock is a completely different setup than my XR-75. Apparently they changed the XR-75's some trough the years of production. No banana seats for me. Most people like them but I'm in the minority and don't.

Sorry I'm taking so long to post the last pics of My Kawasaki.

"I'm still trying to find just the right background"

Then, this Thread will be completed... :showingbiceps:

As a teen growing up in Hillcrest Heights Maryland on the D.C. line. We rode our bikes as hard as the rough & tumble lives that we lived. Most of my friends are dead or in jail, and have been for a very long time now.. My parents were lower middle class but, they put on airs by buying me the best bikes & toys with all the extra money they had. For, I hung out with the rich kids. I had both the Yamaha & Kawasaki Moto-Bikes. They either had a Yamaha or a Monoshock. They more into BMX and, I into long distance ramp jumping. I combined both my bikes, and came up with this replica of my old stunt bike as pictured here.

But, I digress..
I've been trying to figure out how I mounted the Kawasaki seat to the Yamaha since the start of this very long and tedious Thread. It came back to me yesterday as I was swapping out seats on the Yamaha. So here she goes..

I'm pondering on whether to paint the frame the color of the seat, or the fenders? Any color scheme ideas would be invited but, "I'm leaving the seat the color that it is"

See Ya !

PS: I promise not to drag this thread out any longer. But, I am going to post some pics of my Kawasaki with it's new handlebars.

That is a great looking seat and that is coming from a person that is not a fan of banana seats. It actually matches the bike fine as is IMHO but if you can pull off a silver glitter paint job like the seat it would probably look awesome. Bear in mind I can't color coordinate or color match stuff worth a darn anymore. Therefore getting other peoples opinion would be highly advisable.

That is a great looking seat and that is coming from a person that is not a fan of banana seats. It actually matches the bike fine as is IMHO but if you can pull off a silver glitter paint job like the seat it would probably look awesome. Bear in mind I can't color coordinate or color match stuff worth a darn anymore. Therefore getting other peoples opinion would be highly advisable.

Thanks Nagant but, very few members post on this thread.
For rat rodding these BMX bikes. But, over 7000 views prove.
"They don't mind looking at them do they?" IMHO :happy:

Last edited:
Every thread gets more views than comments but yours has definitely got more views than 99% of them do here. People that are into the smaller sized bikes is a much smaller group on this site it seems. I don't post much on smaller bikes threads because I don't collect them, restore them, or ride them.

Every thread gets more views than comments but yours has definitely got more views than 99% of them do here. People that are into the smaller sized bikes is a much smaller group on this site it seems. I don't post much on smaller bikes threads because I don't collect them, restore them, or ride them.

I know.. but with a user name like roddy*piper.

"I got's to be a little opinionated" :crazy2:

Last edited:
Nice job on these old MX bikes. this toro orange is my keeper

I wanted an orange one but, all they had left was yellow.
I may not have painted mine black & modified it otherwise.
So, I'm kinda glad mine was yellow... I guess ? Maybe ?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back