YARD ART in their natural state

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the bike I had in my flowerbed had been ran over and it bent the crank way back when it was new and it had set out behind a barn for all those years. everything was froze up on it but it was totally original down to the cables so thats why it looked great as yard art because it actually had became yard art. around here rusty cruisers sell for more money at auction than nice bikes because somebody always wants them for a flower bed.

hehe ... they woodnt last a minute here in melbourne OZ...
and i know a fu peeps hoo have tried:(
but i got a fu mates with 20"ers in their backyards and they look great:)

Here is some of my Yard art!
ForgotenDreams006.jpg

Markm said:
Blackwell said:
Is bicycle yard art pretty common in the mid west? I live in California, and I don't think I've ever seen anything like that. Although, knowing the neighborhoods around here, it's probably against the CC&Rs, and anyone who tried it would probably get a call from their HOA... :roll:

I'm heading to Indiana for a few days next week; I might have to take a drive around the neighborhood and keep my eyes open for yard art, or yard sales. Still need to find a nice brown leather saddle.

where at in Indiana are you going??

I'm gonna be in Merrillville (just south of Gary) for 5 days. Know of any bike events going on in the area?

no but check the northwest Indiana Craigslist....
Im not too far away, about 45 mins. east. :mrgreen:
we should hook up and ride...I have plenty of bikes :D :D
and member Bits n pieces lives right there!!

I thought my tandem was in sad shape until I spotted this on the web:

31628h5.jpg

I'd sure love to have it though.

yah i was at the nieghbors the other day they got yard art..check out that tall black bike :( he wouldnt sell it to me oh well...
GREYGHOSTdaywithanthony001.jpg

these are pretty cool.

on the grounds of the Garden Walk Inn, on top of Lookout Mountain, GA/TN

3650577127_46f4d96309_b.jpg

3650552967_a3f1ace652_b.jpg

3651360714_1716e3ee81_b.jpg

Wildcat said:
I thought my tandem was in sad shape until I spotted this on the web:

31628h5.jpg

I'd sure love to have it though.

That bike is from Helotis Texas, he wont sell it i tried...rear steer.

In base housing, we aren't allowed to leave bikes outside. So I had to make it more "art" with plants. I need to get a piece of rusty chain instead of the red cable to make it right.

2ue1rnt.jpg

cody-james said:
saw this half disassembled beaut while yard saleing, she said she was offered 100 for it and turned it down.
polara001.jpg

I zoomed in on that bike, that's the whole bike there, the frame was made that way. The carrier attaches to a bracket on the fender, I've never seen a bike like that.

Latest posts

Back