Year of the Rat ?! RRB Build Off #15 !

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought KAGA would have been a better slogan (Keep America Great, Always)...but, in modern politics there has to be some fear-mongering thrown in somewhere :grin:.

I think politics are forbidden on this board...but, decline in manufacturing, erosion of personal liberties/rights/protections...rise of extreme partisanship...corruption...profiteering...ignoring of the Constitution. Those would be subjects that make the USA less than it once was.

Avoiding politics as much as possible. Keeping it general. How about a quote from a great American?
"The day will come when the mystical generation of J3sus by the Supreme Being in the womb of a virgin, will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter. ... But we may hope that the dawn of reason and freedom of thought in these United States will do away with all this artificial scaffolding"
Thomas Jefferson
Letter to John Adams
April 11, 1823

Edit: forum software would not allow me to enter the name above without spelling changes. No offense intended

And to think you can’t mention what a rat rod is, but politics seem to be fair game.

Sent using Tapatalk

And to think you can’t mention what a rat rod is, but politics seem to be fair game.

Sent using Tapatalk
Haha!

Okay "ATTENTION ALL RATTERS": I was in no way implying that we were celebrating a Chinese New Year or anything of the like. Nor was I making any kind of political statement, any which way; left , right, up, or down.

I just thought it was something we could 'play off of', it being the Year of the Rat. That's it.

We do however, have to remember that this is an INTERNATIONAL website. And there is representation from many different cultures and countries on this site. I have always appreciated the blend we have here. It brings new perspectives, new ideas, and resources to our builds; both collectively and individually.

Sorry if it rubbed a few of you the wrong way.

And now.... RaT oN~!:happy:

It brings new perspectives, new ideas, and resources to our builds; both collectively and individually.

Good word usage, Comrade.

furyus

INSERT GRATUITOUS MESSAGE HERE....

Anybody looking for something to do while you self-quarantine, there is a little buildoff actually happening here in this forum.
Visit the Unofficial March Shootout II thread for more info or join in the fun. It's an unlimited anything goes free for all. Just a bit over 2 weeks left, plenty of time to assemble a masterpiece...

....RETURN TO PREVIOUS PROGRAMMING

So will this build off happen? The COVID-19 virus seems to be canceling everything else. Anyone have a crystal ball or grasp of the future? Social distancing shouldn’t be an issue. Parts may be hard to get.
At my age mostly hanging out at the house going stir crazy. Starting to understand how elderly housebound folks actually feel in their final years.
Anyway a competitive build off motivates and provides a purpose for being. Year of the Rat or not...rather ironic, bike supplies from China along with the Virus.

Sent using Tapatalk

Also extend the deadline for finishing maybe. I can't move to my new home in the Philippines until I can get a flight, then hopefully I can find and then buy back the bike (Bo11 Weevil) I sold in 2016 when I moved to Hawaii. Then I will start rebuilding that bike into something different. Right now I'm thinking going for a vintage cruiser instead of klunker style. That's my first plan.

24907_b516f5f045f1e6959d61fe9c4cdfe0d3.jpg

I think it will be a great one this year with people having more at home time and needing things to do.
^^^ This, totally this!

I was actually planning a big one this year, but something unexpected has happened that changed my plans...
Something that includes 100 years of history all told in stone, bricks and mortar...

Latest posts

Back