Year of the Rat ?! RRB Build Off #15 !

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^^ This, totally this!

I was actually planning a big one this year, but something unexpected has happened that changed my plans...
Something that includes 100 years of history all told in stone, bricks and mortar...
Finally making the LukeTheJoker monument?

Moving again this year ?
Finally making the LukeTheJoker monument?
:21:

We are moving again, yes! We bought a place just down the road from my folks, needs lots of work, but the potential and history is massive! I will start a thread soon, but just added a few pics to my "Moving" thread for the moment. ;)

I will be trying to keep up with all the builds during the build-off, and maybe come next year my idea can come to light, but built in our own shed! :thumbsup:

@MazdaFlyer and all, I think the present situation will offer an environment for lots of creative thinking and maybe force us even more to do some home made manufacturing of parts, accessories, etc.

I hope we don't extend the summer build off deadline, procrastinators will procrastinate till the last minute, no matter if that minute is in August, September or later. Let's bring it back to August 1st, so we can start a true MBBO / Fall build off on Sept 1, and have a separate WBO / Winter build off for those that want to stay busy Jan 1 - April.

COVID-19 or not..... RaT oN~!

:21:

We are moving again, yes! We bought a place just down the road from my folks, needs lots of work, but the potential and history is massive! I will start a thread soon, but just added a few pics to my "Moving" thread for the moment. ;)

I will be trying to keep up with all the builds during the build-off, and maybe come next year my idea can come to light, but built in our own shed! [emoji106]
I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say we've all missed you. Stay healthy brother. All the work will be worth it. But I can't wait to see your shop come together.

Carl.

Sent from across the universe using Tapatalk

As far as the year of the rat... Hmm, I do have a Nishiki in pieces... How ratical would a rickshaw be? How bad is the name "Rice Krinkles"?

As far as the year of the rat... Hmm, I do have a Nishiki in pieces... How ratical would a rickshaw be? How bad is the name "Rice Krinkles"?

Hahahaha! Love the name, Carl! ( and the idea)

Politically incorrect? Yes. Better than any Chinese junk? Yes again. @mattithunder do you even know what " Rice Krinkles" are without Google? Can't even have fun and jokes without someone correcting me (with things I already know) makes this whole deal no fun.

@Rat Rod , hey Steve, this seemed like as good a spot as any to ask the big question on everyone's mind,
"When is the announcement about the Rat Rod Bikes Build-Off #15 going to be posted?!?! :D

We are about 3 weeks out yet I know, but maybe just an official 'teaser' word from the Head Rat about parameters of the BO #15, maybe introduce / explain some of the navigational technique / style changes to the website, etc ? My first look at the new web site was just about 10 mins ago. Like all new things, it will take a bit to get used to it, but it seems really distinct looking, and clean!

The itch is needing a scratch. :bigsmile:

No I don't know what rice krinkies are. Are they politically incorrect?. I just searched nishiki and copied and pasted the results. All the judgement is on your side. Maybe you are being a bit sensitive?

RRBBO15 shall go on!

As far as getting used to the new forum software...three weeks should give you plenty of time. :21:

Seriously though, I probably need three weeks to make sure this forum is working like it is supposed to.

Traffic definitely picks up over the Summer so I want to make sure all is good.

Trying to attach a photo, first try on new format....

I tried 2 different photos, @Rat Rod on my phone just now. No luck. Got a 'server error'.

Some basic rules for us to bend would be nice. In this time of distancing and lock downs, might I suggest an anything goes like a "rebuild of a previously built bike" category for those of us with less materials on hand. I've got an old build I'd love to revamp.

Carl.

Going to try an upload of a photo using my Chromebook this time. Here goes nuthin'....
shelbypaintidea.jpg

AWESOME! Works on my Chromebook. Now to try on my phone....

PS It was Ed "Big Daddy" Roth's birthday this past week. He's gone now, but his legend lives on.
RaT oN RaT FinKs ~!

...and now for a posting photo attempt from my phone. Just using Google Chrome, not Tapatalk.
FB_IMG_1585754606308.jpg

YES! My photo of Faded Glory build showed up! Can't wait to get started on BO#15. RaT oN~!

Tapatalk is what it is, nice for surfing, but uploads on the free version are limited in size. I miss the original version of it from years ago. Less garbage and easier to see and use. Now it's a bloated resource hog.

Carl.

Photo test.
Last year's entry now with alloy wheels, Nexus 3 speed, blue wall tires to replace the blue lost when the wheels were changed, and lighter blue on the furniture to go with the new tires.
1ed3fbb6bfaf226d511a31fadf8dd28b.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back