Yellow Jacket ( bowing out)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
ok, i am in. no pic's yet. got too drag the frame down. it's a columbia. it has been cut but i haven't welded it yet. it will be somewhat long and low but not a Burrito. it's based on a british an american bt look.ok, that's all i will give away for now. it's already getting a little cold an raining here in the seattle area, so painting will be interesting. yeah ya already know the color by the name. this will be fun. need to get this one done so here we go. have fun all. can't wait to see all the bikes being built.

Outlaw :)

Re: Yellow Jacket

nope, no lady's bike this time around. it's not finnished yet either. this one won't take to long to do then i'll go back and finnish the lady up. if my work sch. would allow, using larry's booth would be the way to go. but my sch. is always different and his shop is about and hr's drive. i'll just heat up my shop, paint, then bring it in the house to cure. my wife loves it when i do that. lol. oh well. got the frame down and mocked it up. man it's low. 6" cranks on this one. will have about an 1" of clearence under the pedals. might be a scraper.lol. will maybe take some pic's tommorow and post. later.

Re: Yellow Jacket

ok, here are some pic's of mock up. early 70's columbia. the wheels are mock up only. i have a different set of 26's with a 3 speed that will go on this. so, here is Yellow Jacket.

NewFolder029.jpg

NewFolder032.jpg

NewFolder031.jpg

NewFolder030.jpg

thanks for looking

Re: Yellow Jacket (pictures)

Lookin GOOD, OUTLAW! I would've thought you'd finish the burrito first. But "stretches" are more in vogue now. :lol:

i got this bike for free, complete, it was kind of a klunker style. i didn't know what i wanted to do with it, then i saw a bike in one of the bike mags called yellow jacket, and i thought it was sweet, sooo decided to build it after that bike or as close as i can get. that was 3 yrs ago. as some of you know i was blind for over a yr, then had some other health issues so i never got back to it. now, i will finnish it. it will have narrow tires on it and a 3 speed in 26" wheels. basic simple bike but i think it will be a bad boy when it's done. thanks for looking and putting in your comments. so far the bikes that are entered are awsome, as usual, but i think this build off will be super special. so get too work ya all and lets build some bad sic lookin bikes. :)

Outlaw :mrgreen:

well, i am out again. toooo many things going on. lack of funds and the weather has been ugly here. so i am out. good luck to all of you . the builds look good.

Outlaw

Well, as long as you finish it some day, casue it´s a darn good one.
I love the yellow, black and crome combo, I´d like to try that on one of my builds,
Thanks for the inspiration!!

Latest posts

Back