YES!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you! I think there will be more of us showing up here. Hope that's OK!

If there ends up being enough activity I may expand it into it's own section with multiple forums within it.

You can thank Uncle Stretch for this one. :wink:

So I have a question for anyone who has been using a motorized bike that they built. I live in Lynnwood WA and the cops here look for any reason to give someone a ticket. Have any of you ever gotten ticketed for..Having an unregistered motorcycle? Or anything like that?

Motopecane said:
So I have a question for anyone who has been using a motorized bike that they built. I live in Lynnwood WA and the cops here look for any reason to give someone a ticket. Have any of you ever gotten ticketed for..Having an unregistered motorcycle? Or anything like that?

I don't have a motor on a bike , but after being a cop for 22 years , I can tell you that your attitude and being polite have the most to do with you getting a ticket or not. If you stay within the limits of the law or at least close , don't act like an idiot while your ridding , you chances of getting a ticket are greatly reduced. Granted there are a few cops that will write their mother a ticket , but the majority won't give you a hard time if you show a little respect , drive responsibly , and try not to stand out from the norm. :wink:

That's the same attitude the Police have here. Laws vary state to state, but here we can run a 49cc legally on the streets without the bike being registered.

I have chatted with the officers that come in to the shop and they basically said what the Uncle said. If you're blowing stop lights and being an idiot, you're gonna get pulled over.

If you are riding, being cautious and acting as if you are a motor vehicle (same as a bicycle), you should be fine. Lights are also a must.

We have been stopped by officers just because they thought the bikes looked cool! It's always nice to have them on your side.

I hear you guys I am definitely a safe driver whether I'm in my car or on my bike so that is not a problem. The problems is that here in Lynnwood we have a lot of those officers that would "write their mother a ticket"

awesome1013.jpg

Latest posts

Back